Quantcast

Windham WC DH 2015 - Murricaaa!

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
hahah he used it last year too.... added a bald eagle hat on top of it and he loved it

since there are no US courses for '16, i gladly traded hats with him ( he was pretty stoked lol )
im part kiwi now, and my hat is on its way to whistler lolol

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
And in the freetime he does Supermen has some of the best whips in the business, and teaches Ratboy and Peaty how to flip. And all that in between model jobs. :boss:
And has the chops to do well in ultra-enduro moto races, and races endurocross. He's gotta be one of the most talented guys to ever hop on 2 wheels.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
And has the chops to do well in ultra-enduro moto races, and races endurocross. He's gotta be one of the most talented guys to ever hop on 2 wheels.
And on top of that all he is a really nice guy. Talked to him several times, always a gent and fun.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Random thought, but I wonder how recognizable GM is in the RSA? Just trying to think of other "famous" RSA athletes, but other than the girlfriend murdering prosthetic sprinter and Gary Player, I'm drawing a blank. I'm likely forgetting some bad ass soccer players or maybe rugby players, but mainly I keep thinking of District 9 and those funny bug-aliens.

Edit - forgot about Needles, but I'm assuming when it comes to DH "celebrities ", it's GM and everyone else.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
hahah he used it last year too.... added a bald eagle hat on top of it and he loved it

since there are no US courses for '16, i gladly traded hats with him ( he was pretty stoked lol )
im part kiwi now, and my hat is on its way to whistler lolol

Apparently worst kept secret at the Windham WC was that they were signing up for another 3 years.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i overheard someone saying that windham didn't get it in '16 because the UCI thinks its too expensive to have 2 world cups in north america. which has got to be complete bullshit, because Cairns is on the schedule for 2016.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
1. Confirm WC race at Windham in 2016
2. Acquire a large adult bald eagle
3. Name eagle 'Thorondor' regardless of gender...you can't tell anyway
4. Train Thorondor to do cool shit like follow you with a GoPro, attack people who don't embrace freedom, steal beer for you out of people's hands, etc...
5. Before race, dye Thorondor so that his feathers below the neck are red and blue.
6. Affix miniaturized hellfire missiles to Thorondor, as well as a remote firing device (blue tooth activated if possible)
7. Steal Wyn's hat, return to Trumbull...steal Trumbull's beer
8. Fire hellfire missiles at random targets (preferrably unrideable VPP bikes if possible)
9. ????
10. Profit

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Random thought but was Bryceland's 2014 win at Leogang the last WC win ever on a 26" bike? Useless fact but slow day;)

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Was it just me or was Windham more crowded than past years? I believe there were some complaints that early years had low turn-out.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Was it just me or was Windham more crowded than past years? I believe there were some complaints that early years had low turn-out.

the mountain was bursting from the seams with freedom, turbo diesels, super walmarts, crippling debt, artillery, obesity, etc

so yes, it was more crowded

the thread is now unsticky'd.....r.i.p windham world cup

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
I went this year because I noticed it wasn't on the UCI sched for next year. Maybe others thought the same?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Those complaints are really just from like ONE dude on Ridemonkey hating freedom. You know the type, foreign dude who hangs out on an American mountain bike forum, and riding bikes sold by American companies, probably wearing Vans and Levis, but hates America. And when Gwin wins, he puts a hot poker on his balls to help ease all the pain going on in his head.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Random thought, but I wonder how recognizable GM is in the RSA? Just trying to think of other "famous" RSA athletes, but other than the girlfriend murdering prosthetic sprinter and Gary Player, I'm drawing a blank. I'm likely forgetting some bad ass soccer players or maybe rugby players, but mainly I keep thinking of District 9 and those funny bug-aliens.

Edit - forgot about Needles, but I'm assuming when it comes to DH "celebrities ", it's GM and everyone else.
We have plenty of sporting celebs, just tend to not be the kinda sports being played in Freedomland and Canadia.
(SA's obsessed with Rugby and Cricket and Soccer to a degree, but our soccer players suck dick. They can't even make it into the African Cup of nations and only made it into the World Cup, because we bribed our way into hosting the thing.)

That said, I don't think any DH racer is a public figure in any of their respective countries, but in SA even less. The sport's growing slightly in SA, but for the most part it's only for the rich kids and an the scene's an awful lot smaller than most other places. When he retires, I seriously doubt you'll see another top DH racer from SA for some time.

GM's friends with a few ex-South African rugby players, along with a couple famous (in their day) surfers, but he's hardly known. Don;t even think he got mentioned in any SA media when he won worlds, most DH wins in Elite men's cat etc.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Windham will NOT have a WC in 2016. They will have another UCI (sanctioned?) race with points.

Things look very promising for 2017. The delegates are bummed that they called off since it was one of the best events so far. (literally)

Tim300wsm

sensitive teenager
Jul 18, 2015
Pennsylvania

Jody scheckter w as an F1 world champ