Quantcast

Windham WC DH track walk

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Anybody else surprised by the lack of rocks? (no pissing match involved) For an east coast track, it looks pretty smooth. The only rock garden on it looks like every single place at diablo.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
Demo9 your need to get some experience downhilling somewhere else other than Diablo.
your perspective is so narrow and your mind so myopically crippled by riding there ad nauseum. Your conceptions that Diablo=downhill and Shale isn't a type of rock is almost laughable.
maybe you just need some glasses kid, look at the photos.
those rocks will come up with riding traffic and it will boggle your mind.
get your daddy to take you to some other mountains or just have him open his wallet for the trip.
I just want whats best for you.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
The "back side" of Ski Windham is a bit rockier, but obviously not user assessable for racing. A DH rig isnt happening even if you were to ride it, and chances are would become horribly lost.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Demo9 your need to get some experience downhilling somewhere else other than Diablo.
your perspective is so narrow and your mind so myopically crippled by riding there ad nauseum. Your conceptions that Diablo=downhill and Shale isn't a type of rock is almost laughable.
get your daddy to take you to some other mountains or just have him open his wallet for the trip.
having your period? :think: I base my assumptions on the rocks i remember seeing there snowboarding. In addition my dad owns hunting property a stones throw away from windham, that is pretty rocky. Sorry if the shale pile didnt make it to my property line. As for riding places with shale, ive been to platty, i just dont justify driving 3 hours (going way to fast) to ride there.

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
dude, there was no need for that at all..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anybody else surprised by the lack of rocks? (no pissing match involved) For an east coast track, it looks pretty smooth. The only rock garden on it looks like every single place at diablo.
so why doesn't Diablo hold a world cu... oh wait ;)

having your period? :think: I base my assumptions on the rocks i remember seeing there snowboarding. In addition my dad owns hunting property a stones throw away from windham, that is pretty rocky. Sorry if the shale pile didnt make it to my property line. As for riding places with shale, ive been to platty, i just dont justify driving 3 hours (going way to fast) to ride there.

so you admit you're talking out your ass? :busted:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
that is a good question. Why doesn't Diablo hold a WC or even a gravity east?
Diablo is non usac/norba/uci and all that stuff.

As for windham looking tame to me, i cant say ive ridden my bike there, but i snowboard there, looked rocky in the woods to me...

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
The pinkbike pissing match is ... expected?

Looks like a great course. It's nice to see another course for the haulers. Curious to see the speeds through the rock garden.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
The pinkbike pissing match is ... expected?

Looks like a great course. It's nice to see another course for the haulers. Curious to see the speeds through the rock garden.
wUrd. I think pissing match aside, people forget what makes a ZOMFG GNARGNAR TRACK, isn't the same thing that makes an awesome WC course. And this looks like the latter without a doubt.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
while I know that rocks and roots will become exposed with time, it does seem relatively smooth for an EC trail. The one rock garden looks "manufactured". It does look like it will be crazy fun to ride, and fast. Hoping I can make it out to see, and maybe get some bbq from chacha hut

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
but dood, your still forgetting that whistler has bigger drops! end of story.

totally....and schladming only has two rocks on the whole track and too many berms... wasnt GNAR enough so theyt pulled it off the WC schedule..... oh wait, never mind :D

the track looks legit, cant wait to see everyone ripping down it

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Totally looks legit. Haters gonna hate.

Does anyone know if that big rock kicker thing is clear-able? From the VonCooper vid, looks like they ride over it, not air it. Do they say in the vid that there is a turn after it? Just curious...

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

Does anyone know if that big rock kicker thing is clear-able? From the VonCooper vid, looks like they ride over it, not air it. Do they say in the vid that there is a turn after it? Just curious...

it was in the nationals track in 08 and in grt track in 09... depending on how you hit it and dirt conditions the go around can be quicker (like in grt). that said it looks cleaned up a bit this year and is currently wet so time will tell.

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT

yes, it is jumpable, and it has been done by one person that i know of. but you must have a malfunctioning brain to be willing to try it. which most top riders have no problem turning off the "consequence" switch in their brain. so we will surely see some guys sending it, for better or worse.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yes, it is jumpable, and it has been done by one person that i know of. but you must have a malfunctioning brain to be willing to try it. which most top riders have no problem turning off the "consequence" switch in their brain. so we will surely see some guys sending it, for better or worse.
http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/2010-UCI-World-Cup-Windham-Day-1,1543/Slideshow,10595/sspomer,2

there's a slide in there where Fairclough is saying there's a right hander 5m from the rock... so it sounds like yes, there is a turn after it...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout