Quantcast

Windham WC & Mt Sainte Anne Champs Question

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Thinking about doing a nice big road trip for these two World's races. I have never been to a World Cup race so not sure how it all works. Will the rest of the mountain(s) be open for riding during the racing weekends? Do they let non racers on the courses after the race is done?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I can't speak for Windham, but the rest of MSA is open for riding when the race is going on. You can ride the course when the race is over, but its closed off until after finals, you can't ride it after practice is over on thursday for example. The rest of the riding at MSA is great anyway IMO. Really long runs.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Plattekill is having a UCI Points race the weekend before Windham and open all week 4pm till dark for riding after watching the WC action. Plattekill is 20 min from Windham and will have cheap camping all week as well and a BBQ daily.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
. . . Plattekill is 20 min from Windham . . .
Whoa. Is there some crazy back route I don't know about between these two places? I'd put that drive at more like 45 minutes due to the fact it's about 30 miles on mostly narrow roads through small towns (Prattsville being my new favorite of all time).

Either way, cool to hear Platty's going to offer some good riding for spectators.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Plattekill is having a UCI Points race the weekend before Windham and open all week 4pm till dark for riding after watching the WC action. Plattekill is 20 min from Windham and will have cheap camping all week as well and a BBQ daily.
[/thread]
Whoa. Is there some crazy back route I don't know about between these two places? I'd put that drive at more like 45 minutes due to the fact it's about 30 miles on mostly narrow roads through small towns (Prattsville being my new favorite of all time).
if youre moving you can do it in 20mins...its about 30 really

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Yeah, i was going to look into that but thanks. Platty would probably be better riding than Windham for that weekend.