Quantcast

windham WC

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Is this old news to everyone? Maybe I missed something, but wasn't the UCI talking about how it and windham were parting ways, and that there would be a WC in america for 2012, but it wouldn't be at windham? And then they didn't update their site and left it at that?

Cause it looks like windham is on the schedule.

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
From what I heard Windham had the option for the third year. With the hurricane that nearly took out the whole area the town decided it would be a good thing to have it back.

The UCI I think is committed to have a WC in the U.S. and if Windham decided not to have it again then they would have been searching for a new venue.

Just going off of what I have heard.

I know I will be there and supporting the local's, some of the buildings are lucky to be still standing.

ruralrider

Chimp
Nov 22, 2011
NY
I will be spectating for the WC, also if you want to race on the world cup course the Eastern states cup race will be on July 15th.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Ya last year is was great, Both races were sweet!

Rode the lift up with the guys from Santa Cruz. Pretty sweet meeting them!
When Gwin came down and won it, the crowd went nuts!

I will be there, last year they had a great venue and nice setup
Food there was great too! Anyone know what I am talking about, those cheesburgers on the patio for $7 were amazing!

And the GES race was pretty nice fast and flowy, Rock garden was nice and had lots of lines!

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
GES will be back at Windham World Cup Weekend again with GES race # 2. Come race on a great course and spectate the World Cup and enjoy a great venue. Schedule and pre-reg will be up shortly.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
Does anyone know if there's anywhere to camp at the windham world cup? Even if it's in the back of my pickup.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
last year I camped in the parking lot just below the pits. Not sure if it was allowed but nobody bothered me. there were a few others also. they were all in either cars or campers. I dont remember any tents but that doesnt mean there werent any.

Also, the year before I camped at an actual camp ground about 5 minutes away. I dont remember the name.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
If it was so easy why did you let gwin beat you?
Decline agreed with me. Still loved the event but if you have ever been to Mt Saint Anne you know what I mean by difficult.

"While Windham claimed to have made the course longer, many of the technical bits had been smoothed out, made wide and flat with massive berms, hence the Five seconds up on last year’s winning time. Up top, the rock drop that ended Mick Hannah’s season last year was removed and a smaller, safer line was put in instead. It’s hard not to get the feeling that the track was perhaps smoothed out to a little less than World Cup level. There seemed to be one line choice through much of the track and the judicious use of orange paint made sure it was clearly marked."