Quantcast

Windham wins Daytona Supercross

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
great race. Even though I was cheering for Windham and Milsaps, I feel bad for Reed. I bet he is so pissed right now that he could throw the bike across the finish line.

Hopefully Matt will chime in later with the inside scoup on what happened to Reed's bike. My guess is that he burnt the piston.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
I've searched all over and can't see if they are gonna replay the final again ever? I caught the heats and then took a "nap" until the exact moment Reed blew up! I know I didn't miss much but still want to see it.

BORN FREE

Chimp
Jan 25, 2008
and travis prestons bike sticking straight up outa the mud. and he had to pounce on it to make it fall over

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
What about Dusty Klatt leading the first 450 heat & getting stuck in the mud?

It was unreal how deep that mud got by the 450 main, they said the ruts were over 4' deep at the BEGINNING of the main & some of the waterholes looked deeper than that.

Emig called it when it said it looked like the Blackwater 100.

I bet Ricky wished he was out there, based on what he did at Milville two years ago he would probably have lapped the field 3 times, lol

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Although Reed was clearly the best rider on the track, several times he took advantage of going off the track by gunning it in the grass for some distance before getting back on. Most notable was the time he prevented Windham by getting by him, but he had done it twice already off by himself that I saw. He virtually skipped the super deep chicane in the first lap and one other time. It seemed like he knew thee would be a lot of leeway given do to the conditions, and he was bending the rules as far as he thought he could. So while you have to feel bad for him for a mech failure so late in the race, a little piece of me feels like he had it coming. I also love to see Windham win.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I'll find out this afternoon but I would guess his bike probably choked on some water.
It looked like he had no compression when he was kicking it over.

And yes, Reed was taking advantage of using the grass whenever possible. That would be a huge advantage since he could relax his grip for a couple of seconds.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
even tho he did go off the track for 100 feet and get back on doesnt mean anything. by lap 10 he had a 63 second lead. so you can say what you want it was still his race, doubleing everything he could to get over the huge bodies of water.

BillT

Monkey
I noticed Reed going off track and seemingly get an advantage from it a couple times too many for my liking. I just don't like him so I was very happy when his bike died on him. He's only winning races because Bubba is out with the knee injury.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Interesting the Reed hate even spreads into bike forums.

On another note, didn't Ramseys bike 'blowup' at Indy too? he had to walk his bike across finish line last week.

So........Should I not buy a yamaha? (this coming from a Husky owner) ;)

ferrit66

Chimp
Feb 26, 2007
Long Beach
Chad was penalized 3min 30 sec after the event. Windham was 1 min behind when he passed, so windham would have taken the win even if chad crossed the finish line 1st.

Chad was so fast, but took advantage when he could and i was bummed when he cut in on the grass and went on the track level with windham, though i had no doubt he would have passed windham again, he was rippin. Chads bike broke and hondas didn't. Thats part of the game right? Honda won end of story.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Chad was penalized 3min 30 sec after the event. Windham was 1 min behind when he passed, so windham would have taken the win even if chad crossed the finish line 1st.
That's good to hear, even though Karma took care of things in spectacular fashion this time! Wow that was awesome to see Reed taking that long walk back with his bike dead in the mud!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

Chad was so fast, but took advantage when he could and i was bummed when he cut in on the grass and went on the track level with windham, though i had no doubt he would have passed windham again, he was rippin. Chads bike broke and hondas didn't. Thats part of the game right? Honda won end of story.
Did not know that, AMA is nutty, they give RC his points back on the fuel scandal-but penalize Reed. Ah well, just glad to see KW win.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Yeah KW!!

even tho he did go off the track for 100 feet and get back on doesnt mean anything. by lap 10 he had a 63 second lead. so you can say what you want it was still his race, doubleing everything he could to get over the huge bodies of water.

Hey D, is Mark still going for it?