Quantcast

Window Smashed at Joaquin Miller

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Hey folks, just a heads up that my car was broken into yesterday at Joaquin Miller Park. I was parked on Skyline near the Bayview trailhead in a long line of cars with people around. Gone a little more than an hour and came back to see my passenger window smashed and a bunch of personal stuff gone. This was well before dark, i.e. broad daylight. Take your valuables with you or leave them home.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
That really bites. I always freak out when I park anywhere there. Who'd of thunk parking in broad daylight, and you were still broken into. I usually go there on saturday mornings, I don't know if that's any better than during the week.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Thanks fellas. It could have been worse, and I'll still take my chances up there. But I won't leave as much stuff in my car and there won't be anything in the front seat.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Seen it happen too many times :disgust1:

In my experience it is much safer to park at the bottom near the Round Table. I've never seen any smashed windows down there.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah, that's what people are telling me. I guess I've just been lucky for the last 15 years or however long it's been that I've been parking and riding up there. Either that or it's getting worse out there, particularly since everyone knows OPD is on the ropes.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I lived near Telegraph and Grand in Oakland and I'd never drive up to JM, I'd ride all the way up. I had way too many friends get their car windows smashed in, sometimes for nothing.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thanks fellas. It could have been worse, and I'll still take my chances up there. But I won't leave as much stuff in my car and there won't be anything in the front seat.
Guess I was always lucky too... but yeah, the car has to be empty. Can't leave anything visible, not even an ipod/audio cable. Hope you didn't lose anything too valuable.