Quantcast

Window tint tickets = BS

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Today I saw a girl that got pulled over hysterically crying, makeup was all over her face. Then when the cop walked back to his car he busted out laughing.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well for one, here in Santa Barbara they don't like you "romping" around in any mud at all. I know of spots we use to and never got caught, mainly because a cop car couldn't get there, but the few times that we did the cops were cool about it. There was no drinking, nothing to harm so it was just fun. If you were some place that was obvious then that was your bad. Pick a better spot next time.

If you tires stick out past your fenders.........you need mud flaps. I know here they are dicks with the mud flaps. I do know they make them for Toyota's as well. I'd get some before you start getting hassled for that as well.

As the tint goes Brain nailed it. They have to be able to see you. There is a CA legal side window tint (which I am not sure what it is) but I do know I took all mine off. Just because your truck was bought with it on doesn't make it legal. It's a pain in the butt to take off too. Lots of glue, spray, the whole nine yards. I tried everything.........and after lots of trial and error WD-40 will take the glue off. The tint just peels off in chunks, but leaves a glue behind. Good luck on that one.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey, step right this way into the most self-righteous thread in America! Here you'll find people who have never done anything wrong, know exactly what's best for you, and can tell you so right from the safety of their home computers!

Your entry to this thread also includes a free subscription to internet tough guy quarterly!

Have fun!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I will add to this thread. As a CA cop, I've stopped several people with driver/passenger front as well as windshield tinted and they whine and moan about it. I've only written a few of these tickets because they bitched and moaned too much at the time. I usually cut people a break the first time. Why?? I figure if you aren't going to say much then you get the point. If you wanna bitch/moan/whine and otherwise tell me you pay my salary, then I will make sure we see eachother again in court, if you choose to contest the tint ticket....

Keep in mind, I don't stop people for the light tint. I'm talking darker tint.

California Vehicle Code section 26708: 26708. (a) (1) ( )1 A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) ( )1 A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle ( )2 that obstructs or reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Funny thing is, I was parked in front of a no parking sign, no mud flaps on my truck, have the tinted windows, empty beer cans in the bed (I'm only 20) and the best part is...we were tresspassing on private property!

I feel lucky but am still pissed...now I have to get all that stuff re-done :(
If I could put myself there on duty, I would've done the same thing as that copper did. You only have to scrape the driver/passenger front windows. Do you think it can be proven that you drank the beer?? No one is going to cite you for having empty beer cans.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hahahaha, Sorry 5150, I have to laugh, fact...... People voted, the tint is illeagal.

This seems so much jus tlike the arguement that cell phone laws in cars is Bull****... But the fact remains.... People voted, its illeagal. Something you just have to suck up to the majority wins.

Oh, and vent away, still makes me laugh.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Hahahaha, Sorry 5150, I have to laugh, fact...... People voted, the tint is illeagal.

This seems so much jus tlike the arguement that cell phone laws in cars is Bull****... But the fact remains.... People voted, its illeagal. Something you just have to suck up to the majority wins.

Oh, and vent away, still makes me laugh.
I'll say it. I think it's BS myself but the people voted and cell phones are illegal to talk on while driving.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
California Vehicle Code section 26708: 26708. (a) (1) ( )1 A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) ( )1 A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle ( )2 that obstructs or reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows
i thought that this was overturned shortly after it was passed