Quantcast

Window tint tickets = BS

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So, long story but tonight I was driving home from work (I work about 40min. from home) and my buddies called me to go rhomp our trucks in the mud. Well, it's totally illegal to drive there so I meet up and decide just to ride with them. Lock my truck and hop in theirs. Just as we're about to pull in a cop shows up and tells us to GTFO. Only one problem...my truck is still parked there and looks TOTALLY suspicious since it's all muddy from the day before, lifted and all glassed out.

About 10min. later they drop me off out of sight of the cop to walk over to my truck. As I'm walking up the cop turns on every single light and starts playing 50 questions. So...eventually he decides I have not done anything wrong and gives me a window tint ticket (all windows are limo tint).

Funny thing is, I was parked in front of a no parking sign, no mud flaps on my truck, have the tinted windows, empty beer cans in the bed (I'm only 20) and the best part is...we were tresspassing on private property!

I feel lucky but am still pissed...now I have to get all that stuff re-done :(

Sorry...had to vent about it somewhere, lol.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
:nopity:

Boo hoo

You have a bunch of illegal crap done to your truck, you're underage with open containers and the cops are wicked cool with you and give you a ticket for one of the least expensive things on your vehicle.

Grow up.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
My main point is. Why do they make it illegal to have the tint one there.

Secondly, I bought the truck this way and have not done this stuff myeslf (bought it cuz it was cheap).

Thirdly...the empty cans were not mine but belonged to people who were not underage.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn

Secondly, I bought the truck this way and have not done this stuff myeslf (bought it cuz it was cheap).

Thirdly...the empty cans were not mine but belonged to people who were not underage.

tell it to a judge. t

jeesh take some responsabillty everything your saying is just making excuses. consider yourself lucky you did get caught driving the truck through everything and wind up in jail. toughen up

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I have a good friend who is a police officer. One of the main reason it's illegal is they need to see a driver/front passenger when/if they are pulled over for the cops safety. My friend says it's very uncomfortable to pull someone over, especially at night and can't see inside the vehicle on a routine traffic stop.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
So you list off a handfull of things that you were doing wrong, the cop nails you for only one of them and you're complaining?

Waaaaaahhhhhh.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
No sympathy. You could've been ****ed. And probably should've been. But you weren't so the lesson was lost.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
You guys are harsh. He was just having a good time and got reprimanded by the police and wanted to vent about it. Fvck the authority (eerrrrrr...except for Manimal...he's alright in my book).

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The thing is (unless somethings changed) it is a fix it ticket. Take the tint off(Windex/hot soapy water and a razor blade) and drive to the nearest CHP office and have them sign off on the ticket and you're done.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
it's too bad you didn't get in trouble for more than just the window tint, you probably would have learned something.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
You're the dumbass that purchased a truck with all the mods. It is not against the law to sell a vehicle that has mods.

Your truck sucks.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
So, long story but tonight I was driving home from work (I work about 40min. from home) and my buddies called me to go rhomp our trucks in the mud. Well, it's totally illegal to drive there so I meet up and decide just to ride with them. Lock my truck and hop in theirs. Just as we're about to pull in a cop shows up and tells us to GTFO. Only one problem...my truck is still parked there and looks TOTALLY suspicious since it's all muddy from the day before, lifted and all glassed out.

About 10min. later they drop me off out of sight of the cop to walk over to my truck. As I'm walking up the cop turns on every single light and starts playing 50 questions. So...eventually he decides I have not done anything wrong and gives me a window tint ticket (all windows are limo tint).

Funny thing is, I was parked in front of a no parking sign, no mud flaps on my truck, have the tinted windows, empty beer cans in the bed (I'm only 20) and the best part is...we were tresspassing on private property!

I feel lucky but am still pissed...now I have to get all that stuff re-done :(

Sorry...had to vent about it somewhere, lol.

so what you're saying is that you are very appreciative of police discretion...right? <----- PAWN forum junkies will catch the reference ;)

the window tint laws are for officer safety. most states allow 0% tint on any windows behind the driver compartment but the drivers/front passenger windows must allow enough light through for the officer to see who is in said area at night.
if you continue to keep the tint on the front area expect to be extricated from your vehicle via the loudspeaker a la felony stop the next time you're pulled over. i personally won't walk past a window i can't see into and will order the driver to lower all windows before i approach.

dude, just be glad the cop was cool and didn't push it further.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

why do they make it illegal in almost every state?

cause if i was a cop, i would want to see if someone was getting ready to blast me with a gun.
most states allow tint on all the windows by the driver and passenger so a cop can see if he is about to die
my windows are tinted, but if i get pulled over i roll them down so i dont get pulled out by a gun by the po-po...and to not get a ticket

maybe next time you wont park illegally so you dont get hassled.
you some common sense son

Last edited:

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
i got a tint ticket when i drove a jetta. said they would drop it if i got it stripped, and drove to the station to prove it. a chick in my neighborhood drove a jetta, same color, with legal tint....just hopped in her car, swapped plates, and drove down to get it dismissed

the man has been stuck'd

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
i got a tint ticket when i drove a jetta. said they would drop it if i got it stripped, and drove to the station to prove it. a chick in my neighborhood drove a jetta, same color, with legal tint....just hopped in her car, swapped plates, and drove down to get it dismissed

the man has been stuck'd
until you get nailed again.