Quantcast

Windrock 11/10

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Any of you folks planning to hit some rock this weekend. Two of us are supposed to be going from Ohio and meeting a friend of ours from SOuth Carolina but it would be nice to know if any others will be there just in case our friend can't make it.

Haven't been down there since February, 2011. Will be good to get out there again.

Last edited:

suddawg

Chimp
Apr 2, 2011
FLA
Any of you folks planning to hit some rock this weekend. Two of us are supposed to be going from Ohio and meeting a friend of ours from SOuth Carolina but it would be nice to know if any others will be there just in case our friend can't make it.

Haven't been down there since February, 2011. Will be good to get out there again.
thats ttc ride day.

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Ttc is too far from where we're coming from unfortunately. Staying till Sunday would be difficult with my work schedule. Probably just sticking to Saturday for now. Maybe we'll see someone around there.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
trails havent been blown since the major leaf fall, you are very likely to be the only ones there sat with the ttc ride, if you can I would recomend driving the extra 2 hours for ttc, gonna be a much better option.

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Alright, I'll look into ttc but we're pretty well set on Windrock. It's my friend and my favorite place to ride. We'll bring leaf blowers and walk/blow the trails in the morning where it looks to be bad if need be. Our friend from SC is in for sure, so we'll be able to shuttle. If we see anyone else out there, you're welcome to shuttle with us, otherwise have fun at ttc!

miragebass

Chimp
Oct 9, 2008
Okay. I actually just was reminded by my friend that a few years ago we were ere and they told us they like to leave the leafs down to protect the trail in the winter. Is this still the case? I wouldn't want to wreck trails that aren't ours, we can always ride over leafs.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
After riding and working up there since 2003 til last year I can tell you without a doubt leaving the leaves on helps the trails. Water erosion is a huge ongoing task up there and leaving them down helps to slow the water and divert it off the trail. A couple warm winters we blew the leaves off and we started to notice much more trail maintenance was required in the spring. So we quit and it made the trails better. It also allowed us to work more on new trails versus fixing the old ones. But that was how we used to run it and its of course somebody else's show now. But take that advice if you want.

However, don't shy away from the TTCs trails. Trail 5 off the big side is pretty legit and Trail 6 is supposed to be a real blast. Even the stuff on the small side can be a lot of fun. Depending on what they have open, the TTC is a great place to ride and the atmosphere can't be beat.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Had a great ride today. Everyone walked out of WR with a successful ride day.

I did a little bit of trail work to finish up the day. Thanks Clealan for the shovel.

Brett