Quantcast

Windrock 11/5,11/6

jbrunton

Chimp
Oct 26, 2001
America's wang
Myself and another monkey (bohica) from FL will be making a trip up to Windrock for 11/5 and 11/6. This will be the first time for both riding at Windrock. I know it is still a couple of weeks away, but if anyone is planning on riding that weekend it would be great to meet up with some of you. Maybe you could show us around a little. Also if anyone has any ideas of places to stay around there that would be great too. Thanks in advance.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
:thumb: yeh man from experiance. you need to make sure that 1 you get guided by an experianced guy who knows the trails,and 2 you get a shuttle truck for optimal riding experiance. ohh and i dont know if anyone has told you yet but you really need to have armor. if you against this i was at first but when i got back from my windrock trip i looked at my armor and i would have broken numerous bones and hurt myself more than i did without it. so have fun man and if i can ill make it there. :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There will be a big group ride of folks from down towards Atlanta that weekend going on at Bigfoot on Saturday and Windrock on Sunday. We plan to have a cook-out at Bigfoot Saturday evening. So there should be plenty of folks to ride with. But I would still plan your own shuttle.

MoodDude

Chimp
Sep 20, 2005
Southern Hell
Doug,
I will be there too with my Helmet Cam on. Haven't been in a month and have the itch that needs scratched. Got some great footage last time, but of only Snakerock and Dark Hallow since my batteries don't last that long. Guys at Harper's tell me you guys are building some different trails at Bigfoot (cross between DH and Dirt Jump) can't wait to see.

See you on the 5th.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, the stuff at Bigfoot can be ridden on everything from a DJ bike to a full blow race rig. Its got berms, rock gardens, drops, jumps, off camber, you name it. The only thing it doesn't have is pedaling. Its fun session stuff that requires a push up. But the more folks the better the fun.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Brian, Brady and I are coming back up on the weekend of the 19th/20th. And that stuff at Bigfoot looked like a ton of fun with endless lines - perfect intro course for newbs to learn the basics on before hitting the big mountain.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Jeff, Yeah exactly. In fact we are going to build a bunch of beginner table top jumps this weekend. But the great thing is that it is still fun for adavnced riders too.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Jeff, we have got to hit this place, how many times have I been to Windrock, and not once I have been to Bigfoot. Maybe we can do WR one day and BF the other.

Holla,
Brian

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
I really want to hit WR and Big Foot...and seeing as how they are less than an hour and a half from the house I'm running out of excuses. Anyone mind shoot for that weekend, also? I can supply a vehicle for shuttle. -Chip

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
bizutch said:
you should bring Jeff just so he can dead sailor everything....
Jeffs got the skills to pay the bills...

Actually, that'll be me dead sailoring everything, that's if I even get up the balls to hit them to begin with. You will be able to find me over at the bunny jumps. BUT DAMN IT, I still have fun!!!!!!!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
naw; that's just his most recent photo. you know what they say about a picture being worth a 1000 words.