Quantcast

windrock 21-22-23

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
a quick heads up for anyone riding there this weekend.

the "hole" that we dive into upon landing off the "canyon ramp"
is being filled in and turned into a good sized mt. of dirt.

this is to make it less likely that the motorized crowd will mangle themselves as they round that turn and fly off down in there.

as of now it's probably not rideable.
nor will you have much time to adjust around it as you land from the ramp.
as they are going to be raising our entire trailbed up above the
level of the pavement so we won't have to deal with a rutted lander much longer.
i'll try to set aside a day next week to shape it into a nice little hip jump.

i've also made arrangements for an equipment operator to bring a bobcat and dozer down into 14 this fall when they finish the gas well construction.
so we can have a nice little set of berms crisscrossing all the way down that road and into a new set of dirtjumps close to the wellsite.

for as much as we keep mainly to ourselves up here. it's cool to see how much support we have for making this place better.
and raising that trailbed and building up the entrance to the "ghetto" is something we've needed for awhile now.

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
its right at the bottom, after the spine. that jump over the creek bed thats right next to the road. also- if anyone wants to shuttle this weekend, i couldnt afford ss so im free all weekend (if the weather is ok...) shoot me a pm

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Whew! Just got back from a looong, unsupervised weekend of rear brake dragging, flat track skidding, shooting guns and dislodging rocks on my Epic S-Works. The bar ends really came in handy for walking down the middle of that Southeastern Rocks or whatever section. That dude that came flying at us and ate it as he tried to veer off the trail got messed up pretty bad - we offered him a Gu pack and CO2 cartridge but he got nasty so we portaged our bikes away as fast as we could.

All in all, we can't wait to tell our cyclocross buddies what a great time we had!

:wave: