Quantcast

Windrock 3/27/05

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Holy crap what a weekend of riding. I got in some shuttles on both Saturday and Sunday. Here are some notables:

1. The new trails have such a different flavor than the 2004 trails.

2. The BFL levers I got for my Mag brakes are really sweet.

3. I'm feeling that step-up in speed again and I love it. I'm feeling it the most on the Spine and the first section bewteen the drop-off point and the first road crossing.

4. With all the new lines in the first rock garden, there is so much to learn.

5. The waterfall section is smoking right now!

6. The new section after the first double and the first rock garden is fast and full of big hits. I dig it!

7. And Southern Rocks is what it is all about PEROID

Look out for those PEROIDS!

After watching those dudes drive out yesterday I was hit with a feeling of isolation. How is it that four guys would drive 13 hours from Canada just to see what there is to ride at Windrock. Heck they have to drive 8 hours just to ride some DH. I am just overcome with how wack the scene is but how very fortunate we all are to have such a kick ass place to ride. ANd to tell you the truth I don't want anyone to know about what we have.

Ok, back to jabbering like a monkey.

The weather was awesome the track was fast and all the new lines were perfect. If you couldn't make it than it sux for you but for those that did thank you for an awesome weekend.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
ben, you dirty rat...you stole our newbie's you dirty bike ho. We were gonna break their spirits before sending them bloody and beaten over to the rock.

To give you an idea of how worked we were, everybody only did 3 runs and was completely WORKED. I almost gored a 4 wheeler who got stuck in one rock section.
The ironic part of that being that he was 50 yards away when I first spotted him and started braking :D
To all the DHR haters in the world...my new DHX 5.0 is the tits!!!! And I'm not worried about you shiny new DH40 owners...cause my works 888 is just about as wonderful as can be imagined!!!

Can't wait to come to the rock to work them in too.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Those dudes were not newbies by any means. They all can ride really well. Cam was blasting some sections and Jeremy tried to chase me down on Drop-out. :eek:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Those dudes were not newbies by any means. They all can ride really well. Cam was blasting some sections and Jeremy tried to chase me down on Drop-out. :eek:
All of them were solid riders and incredible in the kitchen! I believe that Cam would make someone a fine wife!

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
That was the definition of an epic weekend. Thank-you so much for showing us your trails and all of your hospitality all weekend.

Sorry for missing the Saturday ride with you Butch, but as you said, after driving all that way we couldn't miss riding Windrock. And as it turns out all that positive energy managed to fight off 85% chance of rain and give us a second day to shred.

We're in Pittsburgh right now but I'll post some pictures up when I get back to Toronto this afternoon. I transfered them all to Ben's laptop and they turned out really well.

We'll be back this year. I guarantee it!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
flow said:
That was the definition of an epic weekend. Thank-you so much for showing us your trails and all of your hospitality all weekend.

Sorry for missing the Saturday ride with you Butch, but as you said, after driving all that way we couldn't miss riding Windrock. And as it turns out all that positive energy managed to fight off 85% chance of rain and give us a second day to shred.

We're in Pittsburgh right now but I'll post some pictures up when I get back to Toronto this afternoon. I transfered them all to Ben's laptop and they turned out really well.

We'll be back this year. I guarantee it!
It's all well and good Jeremy. We had a good time without you and I'm sure you guys had a blast too. Hopefully you got out of ben's place without bite marks in your tires! :p Good thing you guys cooked your own...Ben tried to poison me when I was there. My pork was so red it onked at me :oink: . I think he was really cooking it for Chili anyway!

Hey Doug, by newbies I meant "to our area", not to riding. They said they ride Bromont so I knew they wouldn't be in over their heads. Oh, and you sure he wasn't trying to pass you.... :sneaky:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
He was definately trying to pass me. :blah: and once you see this section of trail you'll understand how nuts it is. It makes the steep section on Trail 1 look like a beginer line. He was going to pass me whether he was trying or not.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
:D :D
profro said:
He was definately trying to pass me. :blah: and once you see this section of trail you'll understand how nuts it is. It makes the steep section on Trail 1 look like a beginer line. He was going to pass me whether he was trying or not.

I can imagine that passing will being pretty common place with how wide it is and with your choice of a drop or ride around.

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
If by pass you mean go flying head over heals into the woods then yes I was trying to pass. ;)

It's still eating me that I didn't try the big drop on that line. Just another reason to come back I suppose. :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hey man you have to finish the race with your bike in the US, you just can't jump ship and Superman it to the bottom without your wheels. :D

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
next weekend is open for me and I may consider going to Windrock or someplace else....if Jeremy drives me in the Hummer Junior.

I'd go somewhere else. It sux at Windrock.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hairy Spaniard said:
Im hooked on windrock. Thanks guys for showing us Canucks a great time. We'll post some pics up soon, and will sure to be back again and again.

Carlos
Yeah, I'm dying to see some of those shots.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
AWESOME day Sunday at Windrock....
My DH-9 makes it soo much better !
... It was definately cool .Have to try & make it up to Whistler next year .
:cool:

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
Come on guys...we need pics of the crazy huge stuff...i gotta freak my mom out and show her what i do when i go biking..she has no clue.

schlitz

Chimp
Mar 28, 2005
first and foremost id like to say thanks for the southern hospitality ya'll showed when we were down there and secondly its EH! not aye. :D

it being only 37*F here at home right now tells me fer sure that you boys havent seen the last of us cakers. not to mention the trails are gnarly to boot!
as Jer said the pics will be up soon, and im gonna take sum pics of the fun im gonna have with some explosives (fireworks. the fun kind) i smuggled back.

Devin

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, I have to say that Saturday and Sunday were some of the best riding we've had out there. The whole crew was super cool and the riding and weather were perfect, not to mention how great the trails are.

I can't beleive there were 4 Dh9s out there. Dang!

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
I gotta admit, it was intimidating coming up and seeing ALL Yeti's (well OK, and one Demo) in the back of the Truck. Got my blood flowing for sure!!! But it was the most fun I've had in a long time! You guys can rip and thanks so much for inviting us to ride your digs. And even though it was 13hrs to drive it was worth it!! If that's the price we pay for getting to meet and ride with some of the coolest people I've met - who can also rip - then it's well worth it. But next time we have to make sure we get some Buddy's BBQ!!!!!!

Now, I will have you know that a good cook who can match his wines to his meal is a skilled panty dropper!!!! If you need help (cough*BEN*cough) then I would be happy to supply you with some recipes and step by step instructions along with recommended wines [;)]. And yes I would make some lucky lady an excellent wife [:D]!! I'm just waiting for the right sugar momma!! Cheers Boys!!

Cam

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Cam you're quite a pinner yourself. I saw you take off out of the parking lot like you had ridden there a 1000 times and it was cool.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
DH247 said:
I gotta admit, it was intimidating coming up and seeing ALL Yeti's (well OK, and one Demo) in the back of the Truck. Got my blood flowing for sure!!! But it was the most fun I've had in a long time! You guys can rip and thanks so much for inviting us to ride your digs. And even though it was 13hrs to drive it was worth it!! If that's the price we pay for getting to meet and ride with some of the coolest people I've met - who can also rip - then it's well worth it. But next time we have to make sure we get some Buddy's BBQ!!!!!!

Now, I will have you know that a good cook who can match his wines to his meal is a skilled panty dropper!!!! If you need help (cough*BEN*cough) then I would be happy to supply you with some recipes and step by step instructions along with recommended wines [;)]. And yes I would make some lucky lady an excellent wife [:D]!! I'm just waiting for the right sugar momma!! Cheers Boys!!

Cam
What I got a gaggle of skillz!

You gotta understand this is the south and if you can't "get'er done" with chicken and beer then she ain't worth it!

I look forward to shredding with you all again and eat more "puten" (poo-teen)

BTW, what was the name of that band you were shutteling to on Sunday?

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
Hmm... I love that beer can chicken!! Toss on some blackening on the outside and BBQ 'er up! How about this then, next time we'll split the BBQ and we'll have a cook-off ;)!!

The Band is Rise Against, and the 2 albums we were rockin out to were Siren Song of the Counter Culture and Revolutions per Minute. Both are rockin, and the only way to listen to punk is LOUD!!! :D

PS - It's poutine, but I agree with the poo-tine pronounciation, that and with all that gravy on there it's almost reminiscent of a rough day after a fun night of drinking :P

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
DH247 said:
Hmm... I love that beer can chicken!! Toss on some blackening on the outside and BBQ 'er up! How about this then, next time we'll split the BBQ and we'll have a cook-off ;)!!

The Band is Rise Against, and the 2 albums we were rockin out to were Siren Song of the Counter Culture and Revolutions per Minute. Both are rockin, and the only way to listen to punk is LOUD!!! :D

PS - It's poutine, but I agree with the poo-tine pronounciation, that and with all that gravy on there it's almost reminiscent of a rough day after a fun night of drinking :P
Get some ribs and fixins and after a good day of DH that would kill! I like the way you think Cam I feel that good food is highly underated. So when are you coming back? We might have to schedule the race around your return, maybe in the fall when the leaves kick on. I believe I can get a man sized grill by that time.

DH247

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Toronto
A man sized grill you say!?!?! Ex-cellent!! Hehehehe..... I may have to smuggle in a fresh 8 lb salmon!! Hmm... cedar smoked salmon with olive oil and lemon zest marinade.....:drool:

General conscensus seems to be sometime around early september. The last time I rode with leaves on the ground I ended up with 2 cracked ribs :eek:. But then again I was whipping around the Enduro trails in 4th WOT and forgot about a turn at the bottom of a short hill....:help: Oh look the forest for the trees!!!!!:nuts:. But I'm not bitter!!! That sounds like quite the challenge... Southern Rocks in some wet leaves :evil: , sounds perfect!!!!!!!! Seperate the men from the mice!!!!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
DH247 said:
A man sized grill you say!?!?! Ex-cellent!! Hehehehe..... I may have to smuggle in a fresh 8 lb salmon!! Hmm... cedar smoked salmon with olive oil and lemon zest marinade.....:drool:

General conscensus seems to be sometime around early september. The last time I rode with leaves on the ground I ended up with 2 cracked ribs :eek:. But then again I was whipping around the Enduro trails in 4th WOT and forgot about a turn at the bottom of a short hill....:help: Oh look the forest for the trees!!!!!:nuts:. But I'm not bitter!!! That sounds like quite the challenge... Southern Rocks in some wet leaves :evil: , sounds perfect!!!!!!!! Seperate the men from the mice!!!!

Oh no no, the fall here is dry and cool. The wet comes in November and on so or fall is similar our spring but dryer.. :stupid:

Anyhow, we will have to run down the menu so I can have the proper wine pairing.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Our leaves don't hit the ground until World Series time in late October. September its still green and summer like. I would say early October would be best.

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
I'm thinking a week long vacation in October starting with a race in Plattekill then head down to Knoxville for a week of riding.

I'll bring some more Creemore.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
flow said:
I'm thinking a week long vacation in October starting with a race in Plattekill then head down to Knoxville for a week of riding.

I'll bring some more Creemore.

Yes more Creemore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We might have to really put a race on in October!

Anyone?