Quantcast

Windrock ATV Message board

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Well, I didn't get the most detailed explanation, but basically I think it comes down to the new insurance for the ATV Club. Since they are no longer doing trail maintenance and have separated from Coal Creek (land owner) from an administative standpoint they can no longer be affiliated with Coal Creek according to their insurance terms. I'm guessing since we build and maintain trail there, that could affect their liability and they don't need to take that chance. That's the best I can explain it.

Just keep the threads going here and elsewhere in the meantime...

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
how are the trails looking at windrock? I was thinking of driving down there for spring break in 2 weeks. Are the rideable or too wet?

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
If there is a need for a Windrock specific forum I can help - powers to be just send me a PM.
That would be nice, but are the people who are in charge of the Windrock trails these days even on this forum?

I know authority over the trails have changed hands, but I don't even know who they are or how to contact them. There was some stuff about it on the Windrock-atv forum, but they took those down.

I like to come down to Windrock a couple of times a year, but I want to be able to make sure trails are open an what knot before I come, since it's a 7 hour drive for me.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
That would be nice, but are the people who are in charge of the Windrock trails these days even on this forum?

I know authority over the trails have changed hands, but I don't even know who they are or how to contact them. There was some stuff about it on the Windrock-atv forum, but they took those down.
Yes, they are on here. Several of them have posted in this thread. Hopefully, they will chime in with an intro since screen names can be hard to follow.

Mark: how about a sticky at the top here with contact info for the 5 person trail commitee?

Also, I would take brady up on the offer especially if he can hook you up with your own domain name (www.windrockmtb.com) or whatevever it was before on his server. If that doesn't work out, we (HGR) use powweb.com for hosting. $97/year for a website. Would the Coal Company chip in for it or give you space on their site? Basic info on trails would be great. If you want, I can set it up for you.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Yes, they are on here. Several of them have posted in this thread. Hopefully, they will chime in with an intro since screen names can be hard to follow.

Mark: how about a sticky at the top here with contact info for the 5 person trail commitee?

Also, I would take brady up on the offer especially if he can hook you up with your own domain name (www.windrockmtb.com) or whatevever it was before on his server. If that doesn't work out, we (HGR) use powweb.com for hosting. $97/year for a website. Would the Coal Company chip in for it or give you space on their site? Basic info on trails would be great. If you want, I can set it up for you.

Thanks, glad to know they are on here. I would be willing to donate some money to get the website back up. Since I live too far away to help with trail maintenance and stuff. There should be plenty of companies you can register a domain and host a site for not too much per year. I don't see a Windrock website getting tons of traffic.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
But yes, I would host the site for free. I do a lot of hosting of bike clubs and non-profit groups. I only charge if they can afford to pay (such as my local clubs which have several $k in the bank).

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Yes we are here and keep up with the concerns of the common people.;)

Oldskool - We are open year round although you may want to reconsider during the wet & colder spells during the winter.
If you want a trail update either post up here in the South forum or pm one the locals on here.

Wndrckr- Mark (me)
Profro- Doug
Mfzbike- Mark Ziska

Brady, maybe we can discuss a site for Windrock info. It may not get the most traffic, but it could be a useful resource for those looking for updates and such. Oh, and our treasury dept. is broke right now so can we get the donated version?:D

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
But yes, I would host the site for free. I do a lot of hosting of bike clubs and non-profit groups. I only charge if they can afford to pay (such as my local clubs which have several $k in the bank).

Brady: Very cool of you to offer to hook them up. Let me know if someone needs to pay for the domain registration.

Who owns the old domain? www.windrock-mtb.com

The whois entry doesn't say: http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=windrock-mtb.com

This is all I could find:

SolidTorch
377 Walnut Valley
Clinton, TN
US
Phone: +1 865 607 7311
Fax: +1 949 330 7701
joshrhame [at] hotmail.com