Quantcast

Windrock Fallfest Oct 13th

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
We will be having our fall festival Oct 13th, after it cools down, and before the leaves become too much of an issue. There will be trailerin, grillin, and ridin. The raffle will be held again, with some fun stuff from cane creek and others to help raise funds for trail up keep at the rock. We currently have a trailer set up and ready to go, however if anyone has the ability to bring trucks they would feel comfortable towing with to relieve the main truck, it would be appreciated.

also, something somthing emerald club, who knows, its a long day.

Special thanks for raffle donations and support from

Cane Creek
Billy Goat Bikes/Mountain Khakis
DP
Suspension Experts
Industry Nine

Last edited:

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
there typically is a crew that braaps it up on sunday, roperacer and profro would be good ones to holler at.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
We will be having our fall festival Oct 13th, after it cools down, and before the leaves become too much of an issue. There will be trailerin, grillin, and ridin. The raffle will be held again, with some fun stuff from cane creek and others to help raise funds for trail up keep at the rock. We currently have a trailer set up and ready to go, however if anyone has the ability to bring trucks they would feel comfortable towing with to relieve the main truck, it would be appreciated.
Alex, we can prob donate some additional prizes and I hope to be there with the intent of getting some press for WR.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
so wuts up with the may 13th ( i think ) 2013 gravity east dh race at windrock??? anyone got any info other than wut windrock has?

Last edited:

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
YUP! thats wut they saying at the rock,,, its also posted on the events list for 2013... said one of the security guards made it happen and that the big-wigs are starting to see how much mtn. biking that windrock gets.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
well.. when i got home, i e-mailed gravity east ,saying that i had seen it posted at windrock and if they were interested in adding ttc to the list,,,,,no responce

waiting for profro and rocklobster to chime in here...

Last edited:

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
no race, windrock was trying to see about hosting one and got ahead of themselves. There will be nothing on the schedule other than the upcoming fallfest. everything saying otherwise has been removed from the trailhead/snackshack.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
As per the usual, my comment was not intended to be taken seriously, although I think it would be easy enough to do if people are really interested. I think basically all "smart phones" can run the Strava app, and given how many people will likely be there, it shouldn't be too hard to find enough phones. If you decide to hold an ad hoc Strava race, I suggest using Butch's Boxxer WC as the prize for the winner :thumb:

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
As per the usual, my comment was not intended to be taken seriously, although I think it would easy enough to do if people are interested. I think basically all "smart phones" can run the Strava app, and given how many people will likely be there, it shouldn't be too hard to find enough phones. If you decide to hold an ad hoc Strava race, I suggest using Butch's Boxxer WC as the prize for the winner :thumb:
whut?:no:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I know nothing about what's going on up on the hill anymore, but if Coal Creek is going after this, then I think that is a good thing for mountain biking at Windrock on a whole. It means Coal Creek sees, or wants to see if, mountain bikes as a viable user group.

We have been trying to work with them on XC trails and they always ask about viability as user group. Initially they were pushing us to grow the segment. If they are going after this, then that is a great sign as to their commitment to grow the segment. Only good things could come from this, if true.

Next best thing is having Coal Creek build and maintain the trails or at least a portion of them. Thats pretty much what ran me off. I just couldn't handle the responsibility of Windrock by myself anymore.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
With the date coming up pretty quickly, here is the information necessary.
Windrock Fallfest, Oct 13th at Coal Creek OHV area located near Oliver Springs TN.
We will have a trailer running shuttle all day on Saturday.
People tend to stay and ride Sunday, however the trailer will not be present and shuttle service is not guaranteed.
There will be a grill there, i will bring burgers and brats, same as during the spring event except it will be manned by an aussie this time. It is also recommended to bring your own supplies to throw on the grill.
You WILL need to purchase a permit atthe snack shack. They have been cracking down on this lately.
We will try to fit everyone in the upper parking lot, but overflow will be in the lower gravel areas. We need to leave rrom for the truck to turn around.
Raffle tickets will be on sale for several awesome items donated by our awesome supporters:
Industry Nine
Cane Creek
Mountain Khakis
Suspension Experts
Billy Goat Bikes
And a mystery item that may have come from a local thrift store

Please let me know if I am forgetting something.