Quantcast

Windrock in the Spring

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
im so ready for some w/r on the new session...if the weather is not slop this weekend im down.
we have had some great riding this winter at ttc. hope to have a race or 2 this year back on the o.g. trail #1

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
dragonstail dh ...Ttc was super fun trail system last time I was there, and I hear there are a lot of new features there. This true?

when was you there last and what trail or trails did u ride?

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Planning on hittin the rock again this weekend. Looks like a good time. Any local bringing any tasty 'cinnamon infused concoctions? Wouldn't mind bringing some back :)

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
for anybody interested, I will be bringing my grill out with me saturday so if anyone wants to bring **** to cook its fair game.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I'm hating you guys right now. The riding was tempting enough but now that there is talk of moonshine and grilled flesh I'm just pissed.

Windrock=worst place ever to "rehab" a shoulder. Maybe in another month or two for me.

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
dragonstail dh ...Ttc was super fun trail system last time I was there, and I hear there are a lot of new features there. This true?

when was you there last and what trail or trails did u ride?
it was early spring last year. and i only road trails 5 and 6, i dont even remember which it was but was called the goat trail and was killer fun

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
we have 're-opened" trail #1 its all single track and i think the most fun trail at ttc.. has the most man made features,,we are currently working on trail#6 making it all downhill and all single track,, other than that not too much new stuff there,,,, as of now im hoping this pouring noise outside dont ruin my w/r weekend

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Well i just got back from the 13 hr drive from WR last night. We rode Monday - Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday i think we had the part to our selves including the campground and any other OHV. It was EMPTY and the weather was AMAZING. Could not ask for any more. I mean riding DH in a t-shirt in March!. I think we had a good lock on the trails. Most of them were clear enough. Still had a few leaves on them but nothing crazy. I saw a few that looked like they may have not been cleared in a year or so or maybe just this year. Also we only ever road the windmill trail starting at G1, could not figure out where it started higher up. Still had a ton of fun riding and camping and even did a little parting with some offroaders at night. Lets just say that the honey whiskey sure was smooth.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Well i just got back from the 13 hr drive from WR last night. We rode Monday - Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday i think we had the part to our selves including the campground and any other OHV. It was EMPTY and the weather was AMAZING. Could not ask for any more. I mean riding DH in a t-shirt in March!. I think we had a good lock on the trails. Most of them were clear enough. Still had a few leaves on them but nothing crazy. I saw a few that looked like they may have not been cleared in a year or so or maybe just this year. Also we only ever road the windmill trail starting at G1, could not figure out where it started higher up. Still had a ton of fun riding and camping and even did a little parting with some offroaders at night. Lets just say that the honey whiskey sure was smooth.
Good to hear. I'm packing my truck now for a long weekend.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Saturday was a hacktastic day for me. Haven't felt that bad on a big rig in a long time but had fun regardless. Good to hang out for the weekend and get away from it all.

Caussiecan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2012
Over the hill.
Guys
Thanks for showing me around on Saturday, it was a great day. (I can still feel the Southern Rock trail in my forearms) Definitely coming back with a group of my mates from Greenville. Before i left i didn't get a chance to chip in for gas. I will fix you up next time i see you.
Sooo stoked!
Dave how's the elbow?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I find it funny how none of the people who ride Windrock are even locals haha

No doubt the local scene was at an all time high back in 2004-7. Ever since then its declined to just a couple now. I can only think of Alex, Brett, and Justin. I can't even begin to count the number of runs I did between 2003 and last year. After awhile I just got sick and tired of the same hand full of trails, the never ending maintenance, and driving my truck up and down the hill. Its a shame because I loved downhilling and the Rock. The locals are still around. 3 of us have moved over to building a DHers XC trail behind the campground and a lot of us are running moto now.

Everyone needs to thanks Alex because he has picked up the torch and taking Windrock into the future. Without him you'd be riding cobwebs.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
It would be great if some bike company fell in love with that site and decided to back the venue, the trails and the events to the point it could garner mainstream attention.

Man, when you said that Doug, it made me think of just how much money, gas, maintenance and mileage your truck has logged over the years. Many thanks!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hey Jason for accuracy Its Coal Creek OHV and its in Oliver Springs. The mayor of OS (whom posts on here) is a huge, HUGE supporter of mountain bikes and helps us with Coal Creek more than anyone knows. He appreciates stuff on the web (tags, etc) to mention Oliver Springs as that helps his economy.