Quantcast

Windrock Info..ALL of it!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dhbuilder said:
ok, here comes the law.

if you are under 18 you will have to have a legal guardian with you to sign your permit paperwork. and stay on site while you ride.

it's looking like i'm going to have to be in the parking lot to start checking id's.
if that happens, I'LL SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN. and turn it into a private invitation only trail system.
i'm already getting the ball rolling on doing just that, as of today.

i've brought this issue up before when i was having trouble with attitudes out here. and was told by the landowner that i was free to manage this place however i want.

the age issue is a coal co. rule. and i will force all who ride here to abide by it.
if you think for one minute that i'm going to risk all the work i've put in over the last six years, just to let a handful of underage kids come out here and ruin it for the MEN and WOMEN who ride here.
well then you have no idea what an @$$hole you're dealing with.

case closed.
lame ass private invite only crap. i am so sick of hearing this crap spewing. granted windrock is the most badass and gnar place to downhill and a resouce that would be sorely missed but going to invite only is a little absurd.

also you keep going on about 15 year olds and this that and the other....windrock is no place to learn to down hill (i agree one should have a lot of other places dialed befor experiencing windrock)walking around stuff...hittin trees...... but this elitest crap is gettin so friggin old.

i agree with most of what you especially about waivers and things of that nature but when we were there years ago riding with you you had no beef with the fact that many of the riders were not wearing much body armor and many of them were in open face helmets.hell we even had two guys with us on hardtails and single crown forks.

i guess soon there will be a ban on hardtails and bikes under 8 inches of travel.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there's nothing i've laid down here that isn't part of the rules and regulations that have been set by the coal co.

and this has never been a true public trail system. and it is never going to be a child care facility.

so therefore that leaves you out in the cold no matter how old you are.

so the next time you have any thing to say to me, save it till you can say it to my face, boy.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dhbuilder said:
there's nothing i've laid down here that isn't part of the rules and regulations that have been set by the coal co.

and this has never been a true public trail system. and it is never going to be a child care facility.

so therefore that leaves you out in the cold no matter how old you are.

so the next time you have any thing to say to me, save it till you can say it to my face, boy.
why are you turning this into a threat?

i am not attacking you, i know what you have there is awesome and your pride and if i had the skills you have in both riding and trail building i would be protective as hell as well but it is also a private run fee area. I could go there any weekend, pay like anyone else, and use the trails. but eliminating kids all together is a little unreal to me i agree they need to sign waivers (or have their parents sign them if they are underage) and be prepared for a beat down a-la windrock but eliminating them completely is insane.

as well i would like to mention i am not a bioy i am a 30 year old adult male.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
biggins said:
why are you turning this into a threat?

i am not attacking you, i know what you have there is awesome and your pride and if i had the skills you have in both riding and trail building i would be protective as hell as well but it is also a private run fee area. I could go there any weekend, pay like anyone else, and use the trails. but eliminating kids all together is a little unreal to me i agree they need to sign waivers (or have their parents sign them if they are underage) and be prepared for a beat down a-la windrock but eliminating them completely is insane.

as well i would like to mention i am not a bioy i am a 30 year old adult male.
what he is saying is that every square inch of the DH that exists there is his doing along with other volunteers who've put in free labor and paid for all the tools, equipment,etc. He is the one who's kept it open to us when they gut stuff, cut new roads, etc. He and the others in that area who do the work have been given the burden of answering to the coal company when stuff goes wrong or right.

If people want to put their efforts on the line and risk getting it shut down, they'll take the necessary steps to shut it down. Joey and crew are in the position to make ALL THE RULES in the DH area. In BMX, you can't show up and ride the track unless you have long sleeves, long pants and a full face helmet and pads on expsed areas of your bike.

It's very reasonable and completely within logic to REQUIRE full face and armor if they see fit! They MAKE THE RULES!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
then act like it.

lame ass private crap.
isn't the best way to respond to a post that doesn't concern you anyway.

you've smartassed me in the past. therefore you set the tone.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
what he is saying is that every square inch of the DH that exists there is his doing along with other volunteers who've put in free labor and paid for all the tools, equipment,etc. He is the one who's kept it open to us when they gut stuff, cut new roads, etc. He and the others in that area who do the work have been given the burden of answering to the coal company when stuff goes wrong or right.

If people want to put their efforts on the line and risk getting it shut down, they'll take the necessary steps to shut it down. Joey and crew are in the position to make ALL THE RULES in the DH area. In BMX, you can't show up and ride the track unless you have long sleeves, long pants and a full face helmet and pads on expsed areas of your bike.

It's very reasonable and completely within logic to REQUIRE full face and armor if they see fit! They MAKE THE RULES!
butch you know as well i do i am all for all the body armor in the world (maybe its cause i am slow and suck at dh and need to be prepared to bounce off of anything at nay time) I also understand that he is the one that has to answer to all the higher powers and deal with the people in charge and topping that off with trail building/maintenance/riding is a hell of a burden that i could never deal appropriately.

however going to an invite only situation is just elitest as hell. Are ya'll going to start holding tryouts or something to see if someone has the skill leveel to deal with the place before you let them ride there? Wil lthey still have to pay the money just to get turned away after their tryout?

i mean i understand all the work and everything that has gone into and i am highly appreciative of the fact that Joey and all the east TN guys have provided the south with a world class destination for DH but gooign invite only is only gonna take that resource away from many travelling dh'ers out there. what about if say i or someone woke up and wanted to go ride windrock one day and couldnt cause i wasnt on the guest list?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dhbuilder said:
then act like it.

lame ass private crap.
isn't the best way to respond to a post that doesn't concern you anyway.

you've smartassed me in the past. therefore you set the tone.
i have NEVER smartassed you before. i have all the utmost respect for what you have done there and have been scared/hurt/and blown away by the trails you and ebveryone have worked hard to cultivate and that rule does affect me and everyone eklse that isnt in "the club" that wants to ride there. it affects every dh'er in the south that doesnt know you or doug or ben or butch.....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
actually there was one time when i smartassed you about driving there every time i want to shuttle. sorry about my lack of memory.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
biggins said:
i have NEVER smartassed you before. i have all the utmost respect for what you have done there and have been scared/hurt/and blown away by the trails you and ebveryone have worked hard to cultivate and that rule does affect me and everyone eklse that isnt in "the club" that wants to ride there. it affects every dh'er in the south that doesnt know you or doug or ben or butch.....
that's it. you mentioned my name in the same sentence as Joey. That's grounds for a beatdown. I'm coming by to remove all that metal from your arm. (Joey is a dirty smelly pirate looking thing...heh):oink:

I'll say it since I always say what no one else will.
Joey-calm down and go dig. NOW! I deserve perfect trails when I eventually show up. :cool: Ben doesn't even own a bike so his posts are the equivalent of getting career advise from Terrell Ownes.
Ben - go get a bike...and ride. Get off the net. Oh...and put down the cigarette.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
that's it. you mentioned my name in the same sentence as Joey. That's grounds for a beatdown. I'm coming by to remove all that metal from your arm. (Joey is a dirty smelly pirate looking thing...heh):oink:

Joey-calm down and go dig. NOW! I deserve perfect trails when I eventually show up. :cool: Ben doesn't even own a bike so his posts are the equivalent of getting career advise from Terrell Ownes.
Ben - go get a bike...and ride. Get off the net. Oh...and put down the cigarette.
i know, i know. i am working on a bike as we speak just need a couple of parts. However its a hardtail and windrock scared me bad enough on a dh rig to know that me bringing one there would result in nothing but carnage.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm going to say this again, and as many times as i have to to get the point across.

you go into a motorcycle shop and by a sportbike.
you just can't jump out on the track with aaron yates and matt maladin.

you go into a motorcycle shop and buy a cr450.
you just can't jump out on the track with r.c. and bubba.

you go into a bike shop and by a bike.
you just can't jump in and be flailing on the trails at windrock.
the three kids in question were a hazard to everyone there.

they were in the middle of the trail as i dropped in. they were scrambling to get out of the way.
that's the last thing you need when you're riding here.

anything i see as a safety hazard that will put me in the emergency room. will be eliminated.
whether it's deafall,
dislodged rocks,
washed out trails,
or people who don't belong.

when YOU build a trail system then YOU can let whoever YOU want ride there.

you can't win this arguement. so stop trying.
the list of people who've butted heads with me and lost over the last six years, is growing.
and there's a spot open for you.

six years from now i'll still be here. and this place will be six years worth of work better.
check back with me in six years with a progress report on what you've accomplished.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:

i dont know about all the metal, there might be a street market for it, i just looked at the medical invoice, apparently it is valuable enough that i could sell it and buy a dh frame.........

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dhbuilder said:
i'm going to say this again, and as many times as i have to to get the point across.

you go into a motorcycle shop and by a sportbike.
you just can't jump out on the track with aaron yates and matt maladin.

you go into a motorcycle shop and buy a cr450.
you just can't jump out on the track with r.c. and bubba.

you go into a bike shop and by a bike.
you just can't jump in and be flailing on the trails at windrock.
the three kids in question were a hazard to everyone there.

they were in the middle of the trail as i dropped in. they were scrambling to get out of the way.
that's the last thing you need when you're riding here.

anything i see as a safety hazard that will put me in the emergency room. will be eliminated.
whether it's deafall,
dislodged rocks,
washed out trails,
or people who don't belong.

when YOU build a trail system then YOU can let whoever YOU want ride there.

you can't win this arguement. so stop trying.
the list of people who've butted heads with me and lost over the last six years, is growing.
and there's a spot open for you.

six years from now i'll still be here. and this place will be six years worth of work better.
check back with me in six years with a progress report on what you've accomplished.
for god sake man, i am not trying to win a friggin argument with you. as a matter of fact i have even blatantly agreed with everything you have said other than the private invite only thing. I was just trying to point out that the elitest attitude of going invite only is basically the same as wiping the place off the map by eliminating many dh'ers in the southeast.

i for one would not want to come barelling down the trail head on into a pile of people either and it would be a major liability issue.

as for building a trail system unfortunately i am not as motivated as you are nor do i have a place to build anything like that.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
since for some reason the original poster is unable to delete this thread.
consider it dead.

i'm sure after this next weekend another positive stoke filled thread will be born.

those that really ride here, already know and have no trouble abiding by the rules.
i try to put em out here so that it'll save you from driving here, just to be turned away.

adios.

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
From the Coal Creek mining website-

Safety Equipment: It is up to the rider to choose and provide their own safety equipment. A common question is "are helmets required". The answer is NO, it is up to the rider. Due to the mountainous terrain, helmets and pads are highly recommended.

It also doesn't say where Joey gets to invite who rides there, but hey if Joey said so then...well you know.

Someone should go to the Coal Creek website and make a call or two to the powers that be. Tell em' you would love to buy a permit, but Joey hasn't sent you an invitation. See what they think.

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
Joey, when someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they want to fight. Actually, debates are fairly common on messageboards.

Also, why do you always want to shut down threads when someone has an opinion that conflicts with yours? You might should build your own messageboard then you can control who posts and if they say something you disagree with- BAM, you can zap em' right in oblivion.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
seabass said:
Joey, when someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they want to fight. Actually, debates are fairly common on messageboards.

Also, why do you always want to shut down threads when someone has an opinion that conflicts with yours? You might should build your own messageboard then you can control who posts and if they say something you disagree with- BAM, you can zap em' right in oblivion.
What makes you think that Joey (or most anyone ) really cares what you think. What I am wondering did Joey steal you're girl, get you fired from a job. Or is he dateing you're mom?? Why are you so worried about how Joey runs his playground ? I am sure you never show show up to the rock and ride. So whats with all the hassle?
I am happy Joey runs the place the way he does. He makes it safe for all of us to ride.- JM

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
John M said:
What makes you think that Joey (or most anyone ) really cares what you think. What I am wondering did Joey steal you're girl, get you fired from a job. Or is he dateing you're mom?? Why are you so worried about how Joey runs his playground ? I am sure you never show show up to the rock and ride. So whats with all the hassle?
I am happy Joey runs the place the way he does. He makes it safe for all of us to ride.- JM
john.
i put this guy on the ignore list quite a long time ago.
i know he's there but what he says is blocked.

i don't have time for human barriers that get in the way of what i'm working towards.
i shove em off to the side an keep moving forward.

he has his group of friends and riders. and we have ours. and that's ok.
but he's like an ex that keeps hanging on to your ankle crying "please, please don't leave me." as you're walking out the door.
that's why i'm sure he keeps posting here. being left in the dust must be very tough on the ego.

he's just one of many who have been preaching our failure up here.
you saw first hand last weekend how wrong they are.

just knowing he won't go away is very satisfying

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
John M said:
What makes you think that Joey (or most anyone ) really cares what you think.
I don't.

John M said:
What I am wondering did Joey steal you're girl, get you fired from a job. Or is he dateing you're mom??
Girls, Jobs and Dates? :rofl: Not Joey's strong points.

John M said:
I am sure you never show show up to the rock and ride. So whats with all the hassle?
I used to but like many locals, grew tired of hearing Joey.

John M said:
Good for you. It's good to know that Joey is keeping the folks in S/E Michigan happy. :thumb:

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
being left in the dust must be very tough on the ego.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dhbuilder said:
he's just one of many who have been preaching our failure up here.
Uhhh, no. I wouldn't want anything to happen to Windrock or Joey. I have said many times that we are lucky to have Joey around here. He puts in a time commitment that few others would/could and has built a world class DH playground. Now if he could add just a dash of social skills to his plate we would really see what Windrock could become.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
seabass said:
I don't.

Girls, Jobs and Dates? :rofl: Not Joey's strong points.

I used to but like many locals, grew tired of hearing Joey.

Good for you. It's good to know that Joey is keeping the folks in S/E Michigan happy. :thumb:
This is a destination place. That means locals dont bring in all the money. You need outsiders money. Not just for the MT. but hotels, party stores, gas stations and places to eat and drink beer.
I will tell you what. The last 6 times we from s/e Mich have showed up,It has been with 25 + people. Thats about $2300 that Joey has brought to Windrock. How much revinue has you're big fat mouth brought in to Windrock or any place for that matter. So when you say Joey does nothing for the "biking scene" think again.
Not only is he bring in money for Windrock, How about ALL the rooms we fill (20 rooms were booked for my group alone) not to mention the all of us eating out while we were there.
Its clear to everyone on this board. You have got a hard on for Joey.
If you dont ride Windrock, why do you worry about it so much.
Did Joey get better than you? Can you not jump the big jumps? Are there just too many rocks there? Or are you just a big fat pussy and can only speak when he is behind a keyboards and monitor?
If you dont like what I have said here..... Please let me just pm you the next time I am there..... I would love to have a face to face with you. Maybe you should get a hobby to keep you busy. Needle pointe might be good but it does include pointy things so that may be a bit extreme. Maybe a dog or even a fern would be about you're speed-JM

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
John M said:
Or are you just a big fat pussy and can only speak when he is behind a keyboards and monitor?
If you dont like what I have said here..... Please let me just pm you the next time I am there..... I would love to have a face to face with you.
Good stuff!! How's that "I'll beat you up" strategy workin' out for you? Haven't run into that much as an adult, but whatever makes you feel good.

As far as being a pussy and only speaking from behind a keyboard, I'm far from it. I'm pretty much an asshole in person as well and can back it up. PM with my cell # sent.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
seabass said:
Good stuff!! How's that "I'll beat you up" strategy workin' out for you? Haven't run into that much as an adult, but whatever makes you feel good.

As far as being a pussy and only speaking from behind a keyboard, I'm far from it. I'm pretty much an asshole in person as well and can back it up. PM with my cell # sent.
I never said "Ill beat you up" What I said is "I would like to have a face to face with you" That would consist of two people talking.
As far as you're phone # why would I want to talk to a self-proclaimed "asshole"???

I do like the way you avoided all the rest of my post. It really is hard to argue logic. So the next best thing is to piss and moan about being a tuff guy.

I now will take the Joey approach, and just put you on ignore.
To argue with you is just plain stupid. You mean nothing to me.-JM

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Taz said:
Reason number 242345345 to wear the proper gear at windrock!

Troy Lee SE helmet demolished and being worn by a very compitent rider.
Ohhh damn. :eek: I think I know who's helmet that is/was. Must have been killing it. I hate I could not make it up there today. Being on call sucks.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It wasn't on SR, but on the jump out of the woods at the very end of the trails, just before the parking lot. Wyatt jumped out too far, compressed off the flat transition and got bucked over the bars coming to rest inches from the road. No ER visit, but I'm guessing broken ribs.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
profro said:
It wasn't on SR, but on the jump out of the woods at the very end of the trails, just before the parking lot. Wyatt jumped out too far, compressed off the flat transition and got bucked over the bars coming to rest inches from the road. No ER visit, but I'm guessing broken ribs.
holy crap, i dont know wyatt but that looks friggin brutal.