Quantcast

WindRock Information?

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
Hey Everyone,

After hearing a lot about Windrock, I want to know a little more about the place. A guy on the lift at Snowshoe told me they had a 14 or so minute downhill run. Of-course, I though no way ( Maybe his pace :thumb:). But he also told me that the trails are SICK!!, and that they are built very well. Any info will help, as I want to plan a trip to there in the near future.

Thanks,

Austin

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Every good thing you hear is true. It may sound like some mythical riding paradise, but it exists. Windmill trail takes forever to get down. Well worth the 12 minute shuttle to the top.

Bunches of pics here... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v631/M-Webb/

There is a $17.00 a day use permit required or the bargain 2-day pass for $33.00. Paved shuttle road to most of the trails. Plenty of camping/hotels nearby. And of course the all day entertainment of watching the helmet-less, less-evolved, atv ridin' species of man go up and down the mountain.

Last edited:

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
Can I have a address?. I will defintley take a trip there. I would also like to find out more about the trails up there. I saw the review that Sicklines posted ( and the video ) and it looked awesome.

Thanks,

Austin

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
If your mapquesting, I think you can type in Windrock Rd. It begins in Oliver Springs, TN. For more info you can go to www.windrockatv.com.

The lower trails take maybe 5-7 minutes to run avg. All fairly steep, well-maintained singletrack with techy rock gardens, drops, jumps, and pretty darn fast. There are many options to the runs you can take as many trails are inter-connected. I'm sure others on here can add to the descriptions.

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
If your mapquesting, I think you can type in Windrock Rd. It begins in Oliver Springs, TN. For more info you can go to www.windrockatv.com.

The lower trails take maybe 5-7 minutes to run avg. All fairly steep, well-maintained singletrack with techy rock gardens, drops, jumps, and pretty darn fast. There are many options to the runs you can take as many trails are inter-connected. I'm sure others on here can add to the descriptions.

"Fairly steep" is one way to put it. :D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Full pro race pace on the Windmill is in the 9+ minute range. I am guessing most folk can have fun, stop a couple of times and its probably 15-20 minutes or so.

Jun 11, 2004
You mised a pretty good one this past weekend:monkeydance:

Heard you showed some of the South Florida contingent around...........:clapping:

Here is a quote from Eric on FRS:

Eric said:
Wind-Rock = Total Knar :shock:

By far the most tech terrain I have ever ridden or seen and not to mention that we got to experience it both during wet and dry conditions.

All in All, it was a great time. The Locals were super cool and went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time and rode all the trails. If anyone from FRS ever goes up just ask for Lu a.k.a Loonatic, he lives on the Mountain and is one of the trail builders out there. He will make sure you get the full on W.R. experience.

Windrock Locals = :cheers:

Agras

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Locals, Loo and Mark, going above and beyond is on key. They saved my ass from sitting out the weekend because of a busted fork. Thanks again guys.

Windrock's trails are just the sickest. Everything from fast buff singletrack to steep rocky do-or-die sections...What really impressed me was the amount of fun booters, gaps and drops sprinkled into the trails every so often that Snowshoe lacks.

Oh and uh, bring an extra tube...or fork...or crank arm...or toe.

EC's next time, boys.

huckaduck

Chimp
Mar 23, 2008
Scruffy city
Oh and uh, bring an extra tube...or fork...or crank arm...or toe.

EC's next time, boys.
Did you break your toe too? i feel bad about your fork deal after you guys drove all the way up here to ride, and you thought the attack of the special windrock killer bees was the end of it.......at least you got to see some real hillbilly's i the parking lot!

Agras

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Did you break your toe too?
I don't think it's broken...just looks like an eggplant now but it's getting better. Happened on Saturday. A tree and my pedal had a toe sandwich :twitch::dead:

Marks Monster T was a "well oiled" machine and worked well.

at least you got to see some real hillbilly's i the parking lot!
We met them after you had left. Nice people. They were the Drinkmo family...Cledus & Cristal Dawn Drinkmo and son Jethro. Along with uncle Billy Ray Beaver. Invited us out to a hoot-nany. Or was it a Ho-Down? :think: