Quantcast

Windrock is Open for Shredding!!!!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, that is until the reds tear it up with all their donuts.

Spoke80, Joey, myself, Squasher, Special K, and Jon had a blast up there yesterday. Damn Railyard!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
hey Ben....what did they do to the drop into the creekbed up top? seems like it would get filled in a bit? and count on seeing me Sunday.....I gotta say BRAAAPP!

THe waterfall is super fast now. The entrance is now a nice transition instead of a steepish drop-in so you zip right in to it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
spoke80 said:
What?

How was Vermont?
Super fast, rough, with a high pucker factor.
Then, there was the muddy off camber sections,
and an awesome, fun woods section at the bottom.
The course dried out a ton before our race run.
I took 7th, and I guess I could have pushed it harder
since it was drier, but I also could have ended up in the ER,
so I'll take it. :thumb:

The quote of the weekend.
I stopped after I heard some dude yelling on the side of the course.
I asked a guy if the yelling dude was alright, and he said, "Yeah, except for that bone sticking out of his leg!"
That was pretty much the tone for the weekend.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Jeremy,
Did you see that guy who crashed in the first off camber section of his race run? He got up and did the familiar one armed ape impression; broken collarbone fo shizzle. I Pete Rosed through that section after I burped my rear tire to ~5psi. I wish I could have ridden the course a few more time during those conditions...brappppp!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Matt D said:
Jeremy,
Did you see that guy who crashed in the first off camber section of his race run? He got up and did the familiar one armed ape impression; broken collarbone fo shizzle. I Pete Rosed through that section after I burped my rear tire to ~5psi. I wish I could have ridden the course a few more time during those conditions...brappppp!!!
Matt D, were you ar Snowshoe and if so what color is your DH9? I had the only red DH9 I saw at Snowshoe. Did I see you there?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Matt D said:
Jeremy,
No, I missed that one, but that is exactly where that guy with the broken leg was laying, at the bottom of that fast slick off camber up top.
That spot was insane if you hit it fast.
I just wish I could have done a run right before my race run. I could not believe how much faster the course had gotten in just a few hours.
Honestly, the most fun I had all week up there was during my run.
I was giggly. :D

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Windrock sounds sweet. Jeremy R, me and one of my buddies who know andrew and brad over in G-ville are heading out there in a week. We plan to hit windrock and stuff but itd be kool if sometime we could hook up for a ride. well probably be in g-ville monday and tuesday so if u can u should stop by their jumps or something.

anyway it sounds like windrock is seriosuly worth it I cant wait.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
...and to think that 2 years ago I rode that place on a broken, taped up wrist....and you guys thought I was wussing out.

I can't explain how grueling just the first 100 yards were of the course.....my nervous system would go into shock until about 30-45 seconds into each run. Then Feardrenaline would kick in to dull some of the pain.

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
Man, that is awesome that the Haul Road is finished up, I was guessing the end of July when I saw it two months ago!

What did you guys do to rebuild the trail on either side of the road crossing above the bulkhead?

How does that step down into the creek on the rail road trail ride? It looked soooo sweet!

I will be back in Tennessee at the end of August, I will have to make it to Windrock in September, I can't wait!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Ronny Grady said:
Man, that is awesome that the Haul Road is finished up, I was guessing the end of July when I saw it two months ago!

What did you guys do to rebuild the trail on either side of the road crossing above the bulkhead?

How does that step down into the creek on the rail road trail ride? It looked soooo sweet!

I will be back in Tennessee at the end of August, I will have to make it to Windrock in September, I can't wait!
1. The trail above the bulkhead is a super steep pitch down a dirt bank with a bidge across the ditch at the bottom. There is nothing on the downhill side still, we have to go down the road a couple of feet and go down Windrock trail 15 to the jumps and upper rock garden.

2. Thety are super steep and easily rideable by themselves, but at speed they are super tough. I wrecked big time on the second one yesterday. It was a full on flip over the bars. If you can ge slowed down enough, there is nothing to them but I am always carrying way TOO much speed.

Jeff, we'll be riding Sunday.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Remember some kind of shuttle vehicle if possible. We're not trying to be d1cks but our vehicles seem to get really abused on weekends when tons of people ride. So far I've had a pedal to the tailgate, a near roll off the mountain, and a drive all the way down with the e-brake on. More shuttle vehicles makes it easier on all. :)

Gnar

Chimp
May 14, 2004
ATL
I'm coming up Friday night, and riding all Saturday. The armor is on it's way in the mail so when I fall over that 10 ft ridge again, I don't rip up my arm like last time. It will be myself and 2 of my friends. Hope to join up w/ you guys.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Using our shuttle trucks isn't that big of a deal, but the odds of accidents and whoopys goes up when you try and cram 7-8 people in one truck. If somebody has a truck and you can make it happen for yourselves, then thats cool. Otherwise we will try to accomidate as much as possible like we always do. ;)

Gnar

Chimp
May 14, 2004
ATL
profro said:
Using our shuttle trucks isn't that big of a deal, but the odds of accidents and whoopys goes up when you try and cram 7-8 people in one truck. If somebody has a truck and you can make it happen for yourselves, then thats cool. Otherwise we will try to accomidate as much as possible like we always do. ;)
Yeah, we are bringing up the Land Crusier w/ a bike rack. No problems there. ;)

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
profro said:
'And the Gayest Wreck of the Year goes to....Squasher' :blah:

The Yeti scheduled you for termination and you didn't even know it. :dead:
It's not my fault that the DH9 can't handle pavement. :eviltongu Think I can get Yeti to cover my medical bills? :mumble: Wait, I'm gonna call Wyatt. I think it was the tires fault. :think:

stanky_dlx

Chimp
Dec 16, 2003
Hotlanta
Since I don't have a bighit bike right now I'd have to ride my HT with a 5" fork. Are there work arounds for the big stuff? If not anyone know what routes I can link up for a "milder" run down the mtn?