Quantcast

Windrock is Open for Shredding!!!!!!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
stanky_dlx said:
Since I don't have a bighit bike right now I'd have to ride my HT with a 5" fork. Are there work arounds for the big stuff? If not anyone know what routes I can link up for a "milder" run down the mtn?

Just come and ride your bike.

If you ride everything than you will be stoked about your riding.

come on.

Gnar

Chimp
May 14, 2004
ATL
What are the trails looking like now? We are riding saturday, but it has been monsooning down here in Atlanta. Is the mountain soaked or do you think Saturday will be ok?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Gnar said:
What are the trails looking like now? We are riding saturday, but it has been monsooning down here in Atlanta. Is the mountain soaked or do you think Saturday will be ok?

We rode today and the trails were GREASY!!!! I felt like I took two steps backward in my riding.

If we get a dry day the trails will be awesome.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Oh man,
if it dries up just enough to not be dusty, that place will be so fast I am gonna need to stuff pillows under my armor. :devil:

Ben, I know what you mean.
I did a trail ride yesterday, and I first I thought, cool, it is not as muddy as I thought, then I hit this fast turn and it was pure grease. Dirt looked all hardpack and stuff, but it had a thin layer of what had to be bacon grease.
I two wheel drifted the whole time, and felt like a spode.
We are do for a dry day here. We have got rain for 2 weeks straight! :mumble:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
don't forget to pack my jersey from your podium visit playuh!

My training for Snowshoe last year consisted of insisting on riding every week whether it was raining, pouring or flooding. I rode in 90 degree heat with caked up mud...rivers of rain pouring down so hard I couldn't see...you name it. This year...I haven't ridden my bike much at all...and it shows every time I hit the slightest mud puddle.. :(

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Jeremy R said:
Saturday night, and I am packing Nathan's Yo! :D

Haha, that's funny. I was @ LaGuardia couple weeks back and what did I see.... A Nathans stand!!! :D Had to get one!!! :thumb:

I'm cruising up too. If the weather holds out. You hanging w/ Douglas?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USTN0379?from=search_city

After this big green blob that has taken over east Tennessee moves off we should have some damn good riding Sunday.

I am getting stoked to eat my weight in shizznit this weekend. I have already been practicing my headspin at the bottom of the steep section. As well as using my bike like a bunching-betty to take out Doug. I think I have cause more damage to Doug than he cares to admit.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
heh...heavy thunderstorms.......what....a...surprise....who...would......have.....thought....it...would.....rain......in......England......(I mean Tennessee).

on the flipside....sunny Sat & Sun...can you smell the Bel-Ray burnin'?

B

bigkonarider

stopped by BIGFOOT Thursday..
Looking awesome no doubt-- except for the unfinished piles of mud at the very bottom..I don't think they'll ever dry out!
Track was just sticky enough to cake up the tires to make them rock-hard slicks...
COME on sun-dry us up here already... :mumble: