Quantcast

Windrock on 10/8

fatcats

Chimp
Apr 4, 2005
jeff, wtf mate, last chance? you race bmx in the winter or something? you guys need to come on sundays... simple as that

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I said that assuming WR pretty much shuts down after Thanksgiving. And yes, BMX goes pretty much year round, as do married guy chores and other **** that bogs us old farts down.

Mate? WTF, are you Australian or something?

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Jeff, are we planning just a day trip (or since it's the last time for this year), a weekend trip.

We gotta see if we can get Chuck to meet us.

Are you in Pete?

Holla,
Brian

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
why would you do something like that man. ohh well im going the 15th cause i have to go to my girlfriends homecomming dance and all of that wonderful stuff so i wont have time to make it to windrock this weekend. looks like im all alone.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
anyone planning on riding sat. needs to keep an eye on the weather. any rain north of knoxville this afternoon or evening will put a halt to a sat. session. but so far it's looking good. it seems to be staying over the smokies. i don't forsee any problems with sun. it should be good to go.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dhbuilder said:
anyone planning on riding sat. needs to keep an eye on the weather. any rain north of knoxville this afternoon or evening will put a halt to a sat. session. but so far it's looking good. it seems to be staying over the smokies. i don't forsee any problems with sun. it should be good to go.
I am sitting knee deep in water right now, and may canoe home from work today. If this weather moves North, it may be a good weekend for a swim instead. :)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
sorry guys, we have another all day soaker goin here. sat. at the rock is out. this is the best time of year to ride , but it also can be the most frustrating depending on the timing of the rain. i'll be hiking up there tommorrow, making sure it's clear of deadfall in case we get to ride sunday.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
The GA crowd is gonna bail and hit Windy Gap since it's a shorter drive and won't leave us beat on Monday. Hopefully we can squeeze another weekend in.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I may try and come down Sunday. If you could keep us updated on the conditions for this weekend...i'd hate to drive 3 hours and WR be snot rocket slippery. Thanks Joey!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
JeffD said:
The GA crowd is gonna bail and hit Windy Gap since it's a shorter drive and won't leave us beat on Monday. Hopefully we can squeeze another weekend in.
Tell me more about this Windy Gap. Shuttle? Length? Fun Factor?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
profro said:
Tell me more about this Windy Gap. Shuttle? Length? Fun Factor?
It's primarily a four wheeler trail ala Trail 2 with some rocky singltrack at the top. I've only ridden the lower part and that was 12 years ago, but from what I remember it's lot of speed, braking bumps, berms and waterbars. Seen pics of the top and it's like really rocky XC. Think Lake Lure or Bennett Gap.

Closest city is Eton, GA, if you wanna Mapquest it. And it is shuttleable. As of right now, we've got three from macon, one from Greenville and several from ATL committed to it.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Sunday, probably 10:00ish. Does Brady have your number? If not, PM me and one of us can give you a ring with final details tomorrow.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Windy Gap was also known as Grassy Mt.

Back in the day (88-90) I worked at Murray County Hosp in Chatsworth. I used to park at Eton and ride up to the fire tower and back down through the Gap. Then found the 4 wheeler trails (94) and bought my first FS bike just to handle that Mt. One of my worst wrecks ever was a blown water bar jump on that bike, on that Mt. Dead saliored to a face plant at 30 MPH. Riding alone back to Eton was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Took months to grow skin back.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
so your asking about if there is any pushing, but yet you made it clear to me that there wasn't any. This is starting to sound more and more like a lake lure deal to me. "No, there is only a little pushing, not much." Four freaking climbs later...

I'm just messing with ya JD!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the only pushing you'll ever do at w.r. is when you flat at the bottom of the water fall.steep-rocky-fast pretty much sums it up. thats why there is so much whining goin on. i refuse to build anything thats not all of those three. but on to the point, if you're not going to ga. to d.h. a few of us will be riding sun, p.m. it'll be greasy. but that's when it's the best.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
BKQ had some bad experiences with pushing his first few times DHing.

Hate to bail on WR but for us Middle GAers, it's best ridden on Saturday so we aren't fried from riding/driving on Sunday.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
JeffD said:
BKQ had some bad experiences with pushing his first few times DHing.

Hate to bail on WR but for us Middle GAers, it's best ridden on Saturday so we aren't fried from riding/driving on Sunday.
Oh boo hoo.
Here is how you do it.
Wake up at 6:00
Drink Coffee.
Drive 3 hours to Panera Bread and take a massive dump then drink more coffee.
Drive 15 more minutes to Windrock and ride all day or until you bike or body stops working.
Then go back to Panera and refill your cup for the ride home.
Everybody feels like an azz on Monday anyway. ;)

Tell Brady I just got his message, and thanks for the offer, but my rig is busted up so I am going trailriding.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'm sorry. I had to bail. My carpool buddy bailed late lastnight. I didn't want to drive that far on my own wallet. Next time?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
profro said:
I'm sorry. I had to bail. My carpool buddy bailed late lastnight. I didn't want to drive that far on my own wallet. Next time?
There won't be a next time. The trail that was obviously used to shuttle in the past was closed and it took us an hour ONE WAY to get to the top using the only avilable alternative. Total f-cking bust. Sadly enough, the trail's pretty damn good. After 15 hours, more than half of that in Brady's truck for ONE run, I reluctantly have to agree with Jeremy. Wife doesn't know it yet but I'm going to WR next weekend to make up for this sorry ass groundhog day. :nopity:

I rarely say this but I'm glad you didn't come...one less person to feel like a flaming a-hole around for wasting their time.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Glad somebody had fun on a bike somewhere today b/c it sure we sure as sh-t didn't have any in grand old Eton, GA - the unofficial Bermuda Triangle of DH.