Quantcast

Windrock or TTC April 9th & 10th

NMTXLA

Chimp
Apr 6, 2011
ATX
Im down to cook, Ive only done one boil solo but It came out good! Im a pro on the grill need to get some time on the burner.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I wanna see pics and vid! I need to live vicariously through people that still get to ride. Why the F did I buy two rehab properties right as riding season starts?:bonk:

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
I have a few videos. I'm slow and therefore not fun to watch though. And of course when when I wore the gopro I gooned it all the down the mountain more so than usual.

I should have a few uploaded tomorrow.

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
weekend was awsome. all the new additions were killer. The new route for the old windmill is by far the best. it reminds me of the old windrock in the days of joey bridges except with more flow. ITS RAW AND IN UR FACE. thanks for all the work u guys do.

Jul 6, 2010
Lafayette, La
I had a great time out there this weekend, but it's also kinda hard to have a bad weekend when you mix DH with a bunch of great people, some Beer and Crawfish. Can't wait for the next ride!

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
and I have to give my boy Zilla props for being his 2nd trip to the rock(1st cover in leaves and 2nd in the wet on the 1st day). he killed it

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
its a twisted world we live in profro. us n.o. boys wish we could taste the rock more often and u locals want to taste n.o. more often. twisted I tell ya

NMTXLA

Chimp
Apr 6, 2011
ATX
its a twisted world we live in profro. us n.o. boys wish we could taste the rock more often and u locals want to taste n.o. more often. twisted I tell ya
You always want what you cant have!

On a different note. Thanks for having us out, the riding was AWESOME, the crawfish where cooked to PERFECTION, and the moonshine was EPIC! I cant wait for my next trip!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice pictures - amazing weekend.

Also besides the perfect craw fish the apple pie moonshine was brilliant. Now I really need to make it down to No with all the talk about the great food down there.

Last edited:

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Nice pictures - amazing weekend.
Indeed it was. It was cool meeting you, and everyone else. I'm pretty sure your posts will seem twice as funny now since I will be reading them in your accent haha. (I'm Jonathan btw - the short dude with the GTI/commencal).

Had a great time this weekend. Thanks to anyone who shuttled, to the Louisiana folk for bringing and cooking the awesome crawfish, to Doug for having everyone over, and to hater951, zilla, and scuba for letting me crash in the floor of their hotel.

My computer is in the process of exporting the video of CajunDHaddict's no-footer over the canyon jump (or whatever the name of the jump beside the road is.. I get confused with all the names being thrown around.) I don't think I was close enough to really see it since I was hanging back since I like to leave space between riders while jumping - especially after zilla ate it right in front of me on the same jump.

If the video doesn't turn out that's just all the more reason to try and make it back out asap to do it again :thumb:.

Apr 5, 2011
NOLA
Yea sorry bout that Jekyll. Not the best part of the weekend. But it's all about getting back on the horse right? Or bike In this case. And I hit that jump 4 times after I ate it so I'm happy enough. Would love to see the footage you have when it's ready though.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Yea sorry bout that Jekyll. Not the best part of the weekend. But it's all about getting back on the horse right? Or bike In this case. And I hit that jump 4 times after I ate it so I'm happy enough. Would love to see the footage you have when it's ready though.
No need to apologize man, I wish I would have seen you were down so I could have went around the jump instead of landing right next to you. Props for getting up and hitting it again though.

So far the video isn't turning out... Can't see the no-footer, and I didn't get a single clean run in while wearing the GoPro. I guess I should have filmed some Saturday before my arms were blew out, but you know what they say about excuses. Also adobe premiere is putting out video quality that looks like ass, gotta get that figured out.

When I get the time and figure premiere out I'll put together a few highlights that don't make me look like such a goon.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Yup, Sunday was fun. I shoulda come Saturday too, I was just starting to flow by the end of the day. I need a full day to make the adjustment from black dirt and roots to dust and sharp rocks.

Oh yeah and to webb, poston, Doug and anyone else who has been digging up there, new snake and windmill stuff is lookin good!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Oh yeah and to webb, poston, Doug and anyone else who has been digging up there, new snake and windmill stuff is lookin good!
I went up last night after work and redid a few of the turns that were too sharp, took a few trees out on the insides of turns and carried some more wood out there to fix that last turn on the Windmill. I think we'll build a small bridge and just go straight over that big rock and shoot straight down. It was so quiet up there. No atvs rumbling up the road. Just the creek. It was very peaceful. :weee:

Also got word from Poston that he was heading up there this Saturday to work all day on the Windmill v2 and v3. So they'll get leaf blown and buffed.

We still have one more trail under construction. Its called Shotgun and once I get Windmill finished up I'll finish it.

Last edited:

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
I hear ya on that profro. everyone that I rode with this weekend in windmill was just as blown away by the scenery as the trail. the word was it could b a multi page photo shoot looking like its from an exotic location. by far the best scenery I've seen on any trail in the south. hell ever!!!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, when I saw that area alone the creek I just knew the trail had to be in there. I really want to keep the trail on that rocky spine instead of dropping off where we do now. But it will take some more bridge work. We have exhausted our funds from last year's raffle. So hopefully we will get a few more bucks this year and get more wood to reroute.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I went up last night after work and redid a few of the turns that were too sharp, took a few trees out on the insides of turns and carried some more wood out there to fix that last turn on the Windmill. I think we'll build a small bridge and just go straight over that big rock and shoot straight down.
Over the big rock would be sweet. Still technical but more speed.

Already back on the mountain building - you are an energy monster. I was in bed early and slept late this morning but I think I am back in business and ready for a bike riding once the rain clears out today.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We are working a new trail with 57 drops to uphill. It will be called 57 drops to uphill. Plus we are getting a fleet of Crown Vics to shuttle with and when time permits some rock crawling.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Short clip from this past weekend. Brett filmed and edited and posted and its his camera....but its all me baby:weee:

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
too techy huh. So I guess old windmill with the new stuff starting on the big rock would have been out of the question. profro if u need more funds for trailwork I'm sure I could get some of these flatlander to put up some donations. especially the ones who don't come anymore bc I can make them feel guilty. wr is the best spot we got for dh and need it to thrive.