Quantcast

Windrock pics from today

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
My wife got a digital SLR and I took it to the Rock today. I blew out 4 spokes in one hit, so I shot some pics the rest of the day. I'm such a noob at it. The "sporst setting" doesn't do a real good job. I need to learn how to shoot manual. Anyway...

Josh at the top of the trail...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Those a good pics. Hey, Thanksgiving, I have a week off of school. Maybe, possibly, might come out that way to shred the gnar. I don't think there are any races that weekend...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
hahahaha. ohh well at least you have a yard jeremy. :angry:

ohh and im deffinatly making up there to shred its just gonna have to be one big party of riding.ohh yeh.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Dougie F, who's that cat on the Iron Horse Sunday?
Tell him to meet me up there and we can trade bikes for a run.

And Mr. Nomad,
Yards are highly overated.
I am trying to save enough money so I can astroturf my yard. :D

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
now there is an idea. make sure you get some pics.

ohh and a question about armor at windrock. ive heard its kinda a necessity or were they just over reacting pussies. or should i just not worry about getting any armor.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, armor is quite good. A full face is a must. At a minimim I'd suggest leg/knee and elbow. But in reality I'd go for a full jacket with a back protector. Broken vertebrae and our most common broken bones. Your first time at Windrock you will spend a lot of time soil sampling. Its steep and rocky and it will take you a little time to realize how unforgiving the trails are. So the more armor you wear, the longer you get to ride.

Jeremy, thats Matt Conto on the Sunday. I think that size would fit you perfect. I rode it a little yesterday and its super low and rails corners. Feels like a shorter DH9.

Mike, why do you keep putting Windrock off? Thanksgiving? It should be much higher on your priority list. We ride every weekend. ;)

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
now your just making excuses. okay so getting some upper body armor would be a top notch idea. i have leg armor but i have no upper armor. so it looks like im on the market for some body armor. i gess ill cya boys around thanks giving or deffinatly before. :thumb: :thumb:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
hey frozennomad show up with full body armor or the lead "over reacting pussy" wont let you ride at all. there has been a few complete idiots show up in full x-c mode & i just send em back down the mt. via the pavement. one fool recently showed up with spd sandals. he was told to vamoose. you have been forwarned!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
just a reminder. depending on the weather we usually shut the trails down around thanksgiving. thats usually when the rains start happening more often than trails can dry out from enough to ride.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
frznnomad said:
yeh but there not as kool as windrock though. so haha. :thumb:
ProBikes has a full 661 upper suit...might wanna try it on to see how it fits. They're on sale at a lot of places for around $110.00...if you talk to Marty at ProBikes, she'll probably cut you a deal to get rid of it.

Oh and Doug, I'm dropping Conto an email right now to tell him his skinsuit is so pimp. Put Conto and Jeremy at the bottom of a DH run with a microphone...and you've got yourself Madden announcers for DH.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dhbuilder said:
hey frozennomad show up with full body armor or the lead "over reacting pussy" wont let you ride at all. there has been a few complete idiots show up in full x-c mode & i just send em back down the mt. via the pavement. one fool recently showed up with spd sandals. he was told to vamoose. you have been forwarned!
get off the net...don't you have work to do?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i just dont like it when somebody who i dont know, whos never been here, who ive never ridden with, starts throwing around statments like "overreacting pussies". ambulances are up & down this mt. all the time, scraping these helmetless idiot fourwheelers & motorcycle riders off the trails. and in five years they have never had to drag any of us out. im not about to let some wannabe with no armor screw that up.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
dont remind me. because if that stupid storm comes in off the gulf & heads this way,the chain saw & i will be getting a work out. gotta have it perfect for the three day weekend. you guys will spend too much on gasoline to drive all the way over here to find the trails trashed. look forward to seeing you if you can "get permission". if my bike parts havent gotten here by then, let me know what day(s) youll be riding & ill play shuttle bitch.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
woah i thing ur over reacting dh builder. i mean i understand that these are your trails and all but, i wasnt talking about you. i was talkin about all the people that wear armor on xc rides. it was just an expresion man. no harm was ment by it.

ohh and dude just cause i dont own any upper body armor doesnt make me a wannabee. it just means that i was spending my money on more sensible things like fixing my bike or fixing my car or gas money at the time, or even a helmet so you wouldnt have to peal me off the ground. where i ride man there are no trails, that i see, as needing to have a full upper body suit to ride so that is why i was wondering. so im sorry for using such a derogatory statement.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I've NOT been wearing upper body armor at Windrock that last couple of hot weekends, but I've been riding at Windrock for at least two years and I know how to control my speed to not wreck. But even still without it, I've gone OTB in the first rock garden and I've t-boned the ditch at the first road crossing. I got lucky and came away in pretty good shape. These trails can and are ridden without armor. Do any of us suggest it? NO. Ask around, you'll be thankful you had it on your first trip. That mountain is a great equalizer. Heck I have broken a couple of bones up there too.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
hey man ;its cool, we all have our points to make, and everyone who knows me knows i tend to "ruffle feathers" when i do. i look at this internet world as not the real thing. the real thing is when we are on our bikes rippin it up. thats when its all good. so get yourself some body protection & come ride. look forward to seeing you. i have been SERIOUSLY hurt out there. lying in bed in the fetal position for 4 mos. is no fun. i dont want to see that happen to anyone else.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dhbuilder said:
.... i have been SERIOUSLY hurt out there. lying in bed in the fetal position for 4 mos. is no fun. i dont want to see that happen to anyone else.
what Joey is saying is "Don't be out in the woods by yourself on a Sunday afternoon or you may wind up some bad man's boyfriend. Joey's been through counseling ever since and the sound of a pig squeeling sends him into a tuck. :oink: :oink: :oink: :oink:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay fellas so it looks like im getting some body armor and im in need of new googles so looks like those too. thanks again for the help and ill cya up there soon fellas.

okay since were on the subject what do you guys think of 661 sp-1. if theres a better suit for around that price plz let me know so i can have some good protection im not the biggest guy around so im fragile. lol :thumb:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
trust me, the 661 jacket leaves a lot to be desired in the way of elbow & shoulder protection. for about the same price the rock garden jacket is a better choice. hey jeremy: what i carry in my holster will keep those "deliverance fellas" at least 50 yds. away. you may hear preachin in the parking lot, but theres no banjo music being played on the D.H. trails.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
dhbuilder said:
trust me, the 661 jacket leaves a lot to be desired in the way of elbow & shoulder protection..
huh? if anything the 661 has more padding than you can use.
I'm not trying to self promote here...but just look in the photo. The elbow and forearm part are huge! The bicep pad and shoulder pad is massive and you can see it stretching out my jersey, which is baggy as crap.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hey, TJGravityfreak is looking to sell a complete Dianese shuttle suit. PM him and ask what he wants. He used it maybe 1 weekend here at Windrock.

Joey, I don't think we got enough rain. :( I was hoping for more to saok the trails pretty good or atleast enough to hold the moisture for a couple of days.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i might do that but i dont really need a full suit. i dont know how much use a full suit would get used. those seem really constricting, uncomfortable, and really hot. okay so bizutch say 661 and builder says rockgardn. okay the choices. hmm ill have to decide really soon thanks guys for the help. :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
frznnomad said:
i might do that but i dont really need a full suit. i dont know how much use a full suit would get used. those seem really constricting, uncomfortable, and really hot. okay so bizutch say 661 and builder says rockgardn. okay the choices. hmm ill have to decide really soon thanks guys for the help. :thumb:
did oyu swing by Pro Bikes and look at hte 661 set they have?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the jacket i had was last years: and they always do improve every year. im not trying to sell or push any particular brand, just relay info on what i feel was $$$ not well spent on a certain product. im glad to see the "nomad" taking body armor seriously. its the difference between crashing and getting up to laugh about it, or lying there waiting for the pain spike to subside so you can figure out what part of your body you just destroyed. no matter what you buy, it will work. if you buy what butch has an interest in, at least your buying from someone who supports our type of riding. there, perhaps this time i finally posted something that wont fire someone up.(wasnt very much fun though.)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i normally dont drink much anymore, but i think demolishing a few pitchers of good beer at some greasy oakridge mexican food place with you, after a rippin session at the rock, would be a blast. buy your wife probably wouldnt let you come play with us anymore.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ohh yeh builder. if guys better than me, and guys that who have riddin the trails, and i know that there not just over reacting pussies that tell me to wear armor. your damn straight im gonna listen and get some armor. so ill cya fools there when i get the armor. peace. and man oakridge is awsome i used to go to swim meets there. im so stoked about riding the rock.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
im tellin ya man ; youll have a blast. no let me rephrase that, we will have a blast. ive made thousands of runs there over the years and nothing is as cool as watching newcomers get a taste of what this place is all about.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay as soon as i get my next pay check the jacket will be on its way then ill get my new rebuilt shock and ill be hitting you guys up with the dates that im comming up. ill cya fellas soon peace. :thumb:

okay as of september the tenth im hoping to make it out there in three to four weeks. thats when i will hopefully have my new shock and i will deffinatly have my armor. so cya boys there. :thumb: