Quantcast

Windrock Shindig April 12-13 (x-post from DH Forum)

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I assume most of you guys saw this over on the DH forum, but in case you didn't, here it is again:

Hey Y'all (<-- trying to get a jump start on this southern thing)-

Anyone interested in riding Windrock on April 12th and 13th? I'll be down in the area and have access to a pick-up truck and bikini-clad driver. I've never ridden there before and would love to burn a bunch of laps with some of you southern monkeys.

Who's in?

--JP

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Well... I was originally planning on coming up that weekend but have now found out that my architecture final project is due that following Monday and an English paper is due Tuesday so I won't be able to make it.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
If it's Seplavy, someone's gonna get sick....
LOL. Although I'm sure Todd has a fantastic body, I had someone a little more aesthetically pleasing in mind :

Glad to see so many people are interested. What time do you guys generally get started in the AM? I was planning to be there both Saturday and Sunday, but if there will only be people there one day, then let me know which one to choose.

--JP

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
John

She doesn't look like any girl from Ada.

You will like Windrock. Wish I could make it that weekend. We are going a couple of weeks later.
LOL. I met her on a trip with a bunch of customers to a football game at the University of Georgia. Lucky for me, I was the only guy sober enough to carry on a conversation about something other than her boobs, so I came off like the big sweetie.

Anyway, can't wait for this trip!

--JP

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
I can't make any promises, but pray for warm weather . . . :)
I'm going to be staying down in Oak Ridge at some dumpy hotel.
Nice, it sounds like a good plan. If the weather looks good that weekend I know where i'll be.:wave:

The Double Tree across the street has some decent breakfast (buffet, or made to order)... much better than the Shoney's next to the Days Inn.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Everybody all set for this weekend at Windrock? I'll be getting there on Saturday, probably between 10:30 and 11 (it's almost 4 hours up from Atlanta, and the GF likes to sleep in). We'll be coming up in a white Chevy/GMC pickup, and I probably won't know any of you by sight, so come on up and introduce yourselves! I'll have at least one dedicated driver, and maybe two depending on whether Katie brings her friend, so feel free to mooch rides all day.

For Saturday night, I've got a room booked at the Hampton in Oak Ridge, and I'd like to get at least a few runs in on Sunday before we have to head home in the early afternoon.

See you this weekend,

John

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Everybody all set for this weekend at Windrock? I'll be getting there on Saturday, probably between 10:30 and 11 (it's almost 4 hours up from Atlanta, and the GF likes to sleep in). We'll be coming up in a white Chevy/GMC pickup, and I probably won't know any of you by sight, so come on up and introduce yourselves! I'll have at least one dedicated driver, and maybe two depending on whether Katie brings her friend, so feel free to mooch rides all day.

For Saturday night, I've got a room booked at the Hampton in Oak Ridge, and I'd like to get at least a few runs in on Sunday before we have to head home in the early afternoon.

See you this weekend,

John
It's a shame I have to miss you unless you want to come to Asheville on the next leg of the trip and I'll take you on some epic trail rides. No DH bike for me...most likely no DH bike at all this year.

Have fun and pour one out for your homie!

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
We've got a group of about 7-8 Clemson boys coming up to ride. We're probably going to come up on friday and camp/crash somewhere so we can start riding in the morning. We're probably going to be heading back friday night cause i would expect that we'll be dead from a solid day of riding. I really need to devise a plan to get my forearms in shape before they get annihilated. If you see a bunch of Morewoods then thats probably us but i'll be on the look out for your truck John.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Thats what Matt was saying to do, i think i might go by the tennis courts on campus today and see if i can snag a couple. I'm disappointed you cant come butch. Maybe another day.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Thats what Matt was saying to do, i think i might go by the tennis courts on campus today and see if i can snag a couple. I'm disappointed you cant come butch. Maybe another day.
You should go find two hot chicks playing tennis and crouch down at the side of the net. As soon as the ball hits the net, sprint like you are a Wimbledon ball boy, and when you get to the other side, keep on running just like Forrest Gump.
And tape it and post it here.
You'll be famous.:biggrin:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
You should go find two hot chicks playing tennis and crouch down at the side of the net. As soon as the ball hits the net, sprint like you are a Wimbledon ball boy, and when you get to the other side, keep on running just like Forrest Gump.
And tape it and post it here.
You'll be famous.:biggrin:
That would be so funny!!!!! Please do this!!!!!

huckaduck

Chimp
Mar 23, 2008
Scruffy city
i will give the first person to do this and post it a sixer of your choice, but the people have to be genuinely pissed off at you, and you have to run in that weird forest gump run. Me and Zaki Baba will be there on sunday.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
i will still be out of town so i won't be able to make it, but have fun. Will probably be down for the last weekend though.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Out of curiosity, how is the Rock after a big rain? Seems that they're calling for a pretty wet Friday, so I wonder if mud will be an big issue? I will be there regardless, but I may bring some different tyres if it gets really sloppy...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Windrock can get scary in wet conditions. It generally drains well since its steep, however we have always held the belief that it will self regulate riders in wet conditions. You'll know real quick if its too wet to ride.

We have gotten a good bit of rain in the previous weeks, so the ground isn't starving for water. More rain may make conditions slick. But they could also be near perfect. Hard to say for sure at this time.