Quantcast

Windrock Snakerock Trail

fox_shox

Chimp
Sep 6, 2010
Knoxville
Hey guys, I might head up to Windrock and ride some time soon. The only trail I know of there is the mid-way drop off where there is the wire fence. But I really want to ride Snakerock, and tips on finding it? Google Map or Earth would help.

Thanks

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
southern rocks,,,, that 3 way intersection is really 4 go hard right and backuphill a lil bit.
i think there is a little wood bridge that starts the trail? you can see the trailhead from the shuttle road

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
southern rocks,,,, that 3 way intersection is really 4 go hard right and backuphill a lil bit.
i think there is a little wood bridge that starts the trail? you can see the trailhead from the shuttle road
Don't have to go all the way to the 3 way. Like Loo said start at the cable, once you go through the second wooded area keep going right past a small rock garden you'll see a trail that cuts off to the right. Take that straight across and you should see an opening for southern rocks.

the haha

Chimp
Sep 16, 2010
hello- i will be either going here or Bigfoot on Saturday (9/18) and was checking to see if anyone else will be out there- i believe there is a race goin down so not a lot of locals will be around but if any are and want to ride with a guy that hasnt been on these trails give me a shout

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No.

The DH trails are off P1 (Paved 1) where trail 24 intersects. Unless you have a shuttle partner I just don't see how you could ride much. Its so steep, the long walk back to the top is tough. But you might be able to get a ride from some atvs.

Look here for rough XC rides.

Windrock XC

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well, when the trails in the woods were up and running they were a lot of fun to play on. I have no idea the condition of them now.

The dirt jump area has slowly been taken over by 20s. Which is good. There were more of them to maintain the jumps vs the few 26s. I haven't been to the jumps in a few months. Summer is race time for me and the summer sun isn't too kind to the jumps.