Quantcast

Windrock Temporarily Closed- Severe weather damage

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Windrock will be temporarily closed for DH riding due to significant weather damage and overgrowth I have not been able to keep up with. I would like to have a trail work day on the 3/4 of august if anyone can make it out. Please let me know if you think you can make it.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Who ever is not going to Nationals I'll try and round up and come help.Hate to see this place get in disrepair.
Will this be a work Saturday and get in a run er two Sunday kinda thing or will it take 2 full days?

jager

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
I'm hoping to be able to make it. I'll let you know as it gets closer to the 4th. I haven't been out to WR yet. I'm planning on coming to the race in Sept, so it would be awesome to help get the trails ready as well as scope the them out on foot. Plus maybe a little riding.

woolin

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
RJ and I might be able to make it down this Sunday to get an early start on it if that helps. let me know

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
From previous experience as a steward of Windrock its always frustrating to see guys offering help by "squeezing" it in before some riding. If its bad enough for Alex to close it, it must be bad and a morning probably won't cut it. If you guys want to really help, leave the bikes at home. I know for a fact, that Alex leaves his bike at home way more than his weedeater.

Feb 17, 2010
A, A
Well said ProFro!! I think thats the general consensus with trail work anywhere!! It takes a dedicated crew to keep trails up, they don't just happen to stay clean and clear all the time.... Unfortunately I don't have alot of friends who share this viewpoint, and my transportation situation isn't that reliable. That being said, I do want to plan a trip to the rock for camping/building purposes!!

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
its a non-issue. With the help of Fred and Jason from Redhouse Bikes we were able to clear up the majority of the issues this weekend. Therer are still a few landslide locations that will require work, but will be resolved soon.

Just an FYI, the enduro is shaping up like this-
total length- approx 11 miles
elevation gain- approx 1,300 ft
total descending- approx 2,700 ft
*one of the descents is approx 3 miles long

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
its a non-issue. With the help of Fred and Jason from Redhouse Bikes we were able to clear up the majority of the issues this weekend. Therer are still a few landslide locations that will require work, but will be resolved soon.

Just an FYI, the enduro is shaping up like this-
total length- approx 11 miles
elevation gain- approx 1,300 ft
total descending- approx 2,700 ft
*one of the descents is approx 3 miles long
I predict someone will:

...and I mean during the event, not prior or post.

woolin

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
I may be able to come back down next weekend on sunday and finish up any landslide areas.