Quantcast

windrock trail construction update.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
for everyone who over the past year or so who's been asking about bigger jumps or a road gap, you're finnaly going to get em.

the old jump on trail one between "humpty" and the "waterslide" has been demo'd, moved back 8ft. and rebuilt bigger than before. the old jump was good for 25-40ft. in its prime. and the rebuild will be good for at least that much and more. moving it back will make the landing a little more resonable before plunging down into the remodeled waterslide section.

a new jump has been added on trail 14 on the last flat section before it drops down to parrallel the "darkhollow" trail. this is going to be a rather high speed jump good for about 40ft.+ of airtime. with a wide open landing area.

a new trail that links trail one with a few of the new trails that intersect on trail 14. has a place where it crosses an old logging roadbed that we used to ride. this presents a perfect place to have a roadgap jump. and that is what it now has. this is by far going to be the ballsiest section of trail on the mt. it has a wide, long and perfectly sloped landing zone that has plenty of run-out before a very large downhill berm with a nice big radius.(FAST !!) but the best part is the fast downhill approach to the new jump. this has been designed to be a 30-50ft. jump !! trust me, this is no b.s. you are going to have to clear 25-30ft. just to clear the roadbed, and you'll easily be 15ft or more off the ground as you sail over the road !!

as usual, these jumps will have a proper lift to length ratio, and won't kick you up as you hit them. you should be able to hit them easily using all the speed the trails will allow you to carry into them. a lot of hard work has been put into these three jumps. i doubt anyone will be dissapointed.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it's already been built. (the new gaswell pad at the bottom of upper trail 14.) besides,all three give you a good look at what's in store for you long before you hit them. so there's plenty of opportunity to freak yourself out and ride around them.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
trust me, when it's time to ride, terry and i are going to start our year off with an all out sprint to see who can get there and hit it first.
i usually watch him hit something first before i attempt it. but not this time.

we have to do a little more detailing to do to it and the other aforementioned jumps. when that's finished, photos will be forthcoming.

by the way, a big thanks has to go out to brady and jeff from georgia for their help last saturday. these guys left friday night, spent the night on the side of the road . and got up here by 9am. saturday. and then got the quick tour of the new stuff. they then worked their tails off all day till we were all just about ready to drop.

lots of people talk of support. they actually came through with some.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
chris, i'll let you know as soon as the trails "settle in" after the winter freeze and thaw routine.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
BKQuill said:
DAMN IT, you know I had a good reason for not showing!!
i was hoping you'd feel that dig.

did you see the photos taz posted on the hcor.net site ? that gap jump even looked big in pictures, and it wasn't even finished yet.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i just came off your site, putting captions on some of the photos.

damn good work. thank you.

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
Man you guys have got me so stoked to get out there. Only problem is do I have the Cajones to hit that stuff. It looks amazing. If I wasn't living in Atlanta and had two kids wife and dog to raise I would be out there all the time, Hell, I'd even move there. You guys rock. Thanks for taking the time to build and work you A$$ off to build killer trails.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I remember how much fun I had riding there before the first race Windrock had and the accident that took me out for so long. Can't wait to get back on a big bike a rip the place up. I almost come up 7 months ago with the CR250, but with the trails we had in G-Vegas to Moto around on where to nice to leave and drive 3 hours for another place to ride.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhbuilder said:
i was hoping you'd feel that dig.

did you see the photos taz posted on the hcor.net site ? that gap jump even looked big in pictures, and it wasn't even finished yet.
OK...so I take back what I said about the mini-dozer being used up there....if Joey had one, it would be a motocross track down the mountain....:cool:
now if only I had a bike...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
OK...so I take back what I said about the mini-dozer being used up there....if Joey had one, it would be a motocross track down the mountain....:cool:
now if only I had a bike...
butch, it's bad enough dealing with the headache i get everytime i see the terrain we're NOT utilizing as we build this year.
now you've planted the seed of a downhill supercross trail in my head.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhbuilder said:
butch, it's bad enough dealing with the headache i get everytime i see the terrain we're NOT utilizing as we build this year.
now you've planted the seed of a downhill supercross trail in my head.
The seed was already there....you've seen Whistler videos...I just watered it and threw some Miracle Gro on....

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
people already say i talk too much.
now if i started talking to trail seedlings....

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
You could get a couple of high powered heat lamps to speed up the process and an irrigation regiment would be benefical. Especially with the lowered sunlight levels found during the winter months.

Get back to work you wankers!

Joey,

When can I get a crack at that gap?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Downhill spercross would be fun as HL. I would love to hit some big a$$ jumps, 75 ft+ at the speeds like been on the dirt bike. One thing I miss about my dirt bike was being in the air for so long.