Quantcast

Windrock trip 8/12

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
Some of the etsu crowd is coming up for a day of windrock action on tuesday. we were just gonna see if anybody else wanted to ride with us too. we should roll in a little before noon.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Can't make it myself, but for you and anyone else showing up in the near future, there is a new reroute of the upper section of the Windmill trail. Start where you normally do. At the first gravel road crossing, take a right on atv trail 6 (although it's marked 4 for some reason). Go maybe 200 yds to the first power cut. At the far end of the power cut there is a poplar tree and a wooden stake. Trail continues there. A little off camber for now in places and kinda steep in spots (imagine that), but a good temporary route.

Stay away from the old section that's closed during the week as they are blasting. Besides, the hike a bike isn't worth it imo.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Bigfoot???? Wow. Its been some time since its been maintained. I quit working out there since I was the only one working or riding there. I would say its very over grown. Windrock is open 24/7/365

carseatcivic

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
armpit of America
Kinda what I was wondering. I've been searching fro places to (freeride) ride around knoxville. I came across bigfoot in internet archives, but nothing in the last year or two. Thanks for the info. Anything else close to Knoxville with some fast single track, jumps, drops, or anthing fun?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Anything else close to Knoxville with some fast single track, jumps, drops, or anthing fun?
I think Windrock has that?

No seriously, I can suggest any number of burly shuttles in the Windrock property at aren't the normal bike trails. Trails 26, 27, and 35 off G6 are great. Trail 22 is a fun trail for burly trail bikes. There is some climbing. T39 is sick. Plus there is the Walden Ridge loop. That is a 10 mile loop with some of the most tech singletrack for trail bikes around.

carseatcivic

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
armpit of America
thanks fropro. We will defenatly check those lines out. I am not on a full dh rig, but I think my sxt will handle most of the trails. Just have to stear clear of the 100 mph boudler paved trails. We'll be up on laborday weekend if anyone wants to ride. I got a truck and can help shuttle.