Quantcast

Windrock Weekend January 5th and 6th

Dec 19, 2012
Hey guys, it's Wendell. I'm trying to get plans put together for a weekend ride on January 5th and 6th staying the night at Windrock Lodge on the 5th.

I just called Windrock Lodge and they still have units 1 (1-8 people $165 a night) and units 2 (8-13 people $300 a night) available. It would be great if we can get everyone to split the cost of this. They guy I've been talking to said he could give us a break on the cost. So who's in? I need to know so I can make reservations.

Thanks.

filman

Chimp
Jun 1, 2011
Nashville
Sounds like a plan amigo. I'm game, but not sure my truck is willing to shuttle again... Unless the turnout is pretty thin.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Wendell has unit 2 reserved for Sat night and there is still room for more people. Get in contact with him and come on out for two days of Windrock fun. Since Rocklobster is not telling us which trails or parts of trails the race will be on, it would be a good idea to get in as many runs as possible on all the different trails.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
im pretty sure clealan just said what going on, you should plan on heading to windrock saturday the 5th, and then if you want to stay the night PM Wendell Hatton as seen above to confirm there is still room.

Dec 17, 2012
Kentucky
yeah i saw that man and i tried to PM him but nothing....figured id post on here again. just dont really wanna be there my first time without someone who has been before.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
A lot of us are guilty of not logging in when we check this page. Just add a post that says, Hey Wendell, check your PMs! Come on out Jan 5-6, pay your fee, and come to the upper parking lot. We usually show up around 10 am and will be happy to show you around. Smaller group riding this Sunday, Dec 30, if you want to ride then. you can PM me if you want any details other than over night accomodations on Jan 5-6 through Wendell

Dec 19, 2012
Hey guys, sorry I actually forgot about this forum. We still have room available for over night stay on the 5th. Plan is check in change and go ride sometime around 11 am that Saturday from the upper parking lot. We can all meet there.
Wendell

kyrider

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Any idea on what conditions might be like for this weekend? I was thinking of coming down, but don't want to ride in the mud.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Here is a sneak peak at some of the work I did, a lot of other small things and one more bigger thing was accomplished today. You all will have an opportunity to ride it before me since I probably wont be out there Saturday! :(

-Brett

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Here is a sneak peak at some of the work I did, a lot of other small things and one more bigger thing was accomplished today. You all will have an opportunity to ride it before me since I probably wont be out there Saturday! :(

-Brett
Well it looks like it's not muddy, is that the 2nd berm below the road gap?

BDKR

Chimp
Dec 1, 2012
Man I wish I could trust my car. I'd get in it right now and start driving.

I really need to stay off Pinkbike and stay on here more!!!!! :(