Quantcast

Windruk!

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
They are taking some of the old gnar to help get in the new trail(s), but hopefully most of the old type stuff will remain over time. If not, I will keep the local Ninja lines in check. :dirol: Should be good and now I will not have to depend on others to go ride!

-Brett

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
southern rocks and some parts of other old trails not accessible from what i've seen. also shuttle doesnt go to top of windmill trail...there are more plans for future areas, which i'd guess will include more classic gnar. they've gotta put in some intermediate stuff to bring in the bodies/kids for now, i think.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
southern rocks and some parts of other old trails not accessible from what i've seen. also shuttle doesnt go to top of windmill trail...there are more plans for future areas, which i'd guess will include more classic gnar. they've gotta put in some intermediate stuff to bring in the bodies/kids for now, i think.
Old trails can always be accessible with a little off trail / push. It has been a couple weeks since I have been out there, but a good bit has changed.

-Brett

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
I think they're being smart focusing on some beg/int lines right now. Gotta get that $$$ to drive up from Knoxville and support them to keep growing. It'd probably be hard to de-gnar that mountain. What a place, can't wait to go back!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Look, I respect Neko and what they have taken on to do. But mountain biking is going mainstream and mainstream wants berms. The OGs at Windrock never built a trail for anyone but ourselves. We were happy that others enjoyed them. But don't be mistaken, those trails were for ourselves. Its different when you start building trails for "everyone".

Besides, I'm a has been. Maintaining that place for as long as I did burned me out. I walked away before I hated mountain biking all together. I haven't ridden on that side of the hill in years. Been working on the XC stuff behind the campground. Times change. They can have it.

The land manager approached me and The Mayor of Oliver Springs years ago and wanted us to have a 5 year plan to grow the mtb portion of the park. He seemed taken back when I explained I had a full-time job as an engineer and I just wanted to build trails to kill myself on. I was happy for him to make money off our efforts, but I wasn't interested in "growing" the park.

Last edited: