Quantcast

Wine Recommendations

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
Bloody hell!!! If you can find Tasmanian wine in Australia then good luck to you, let alone in the U.S.
QUOTE]

Yup, it pretty much impossible to get anything other than South Australian wines in South Australia. Tasmania may as well be on the other side of the world.

Although being two hours from the Clare, the Barossa and McLaren Vale sort of makes up for it. Especially if you like the big reds from Penfolds, Henschke, Rockford, Grant Burge and the like.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Try something from New Zealand. You can't go wrong with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc. You might even try Monkey Bay, not too expensive but very drinkable.
:wtf: Those two wines are pretty much the extreme opposite ends of the wine market!
Cloudy bay is pretty pricey and Monkey bay? Well to be blunt it's borderline undrinkable nasty cheap crap! :bonk:

Oh and both are white wines.... She was asking for Red's (cab sav etc etc).

Not much point in me recommending anything myself though as what I drink down here is pretty unlikely to be available up there. *shrugs*

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
wrong forum n00b...

who's the n00b now...3 pages later, 44 replies. :happydance:

i had already bought a bottle of Barefoot when i started the thread. but seein that the weekend is soon over...so is the bottle. i've made a list of everyone's suggestions (well ALMOST everyone's :biggrin:) and will grab a couple selections during the week for some wine testing. i'll let you know what i found to like.

thanks everyone!!!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
hey n00b, it's only two pages long.

btw, you might not get the same quantity of posts in the correct forum, but the quality of the posts by the regular forum browsers would be higher.
i guess length is subjective too. :brow: cause my screen has this on 4 pages now.

but next time i'll post in the right section. Thanks Narlus...i got a few wines to try out from your posts alone!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you can change page view settings...i do 40 posts / page.

the best advice people have given is to cultivate a good relation w/ yr local shop...they can help guide you the best.