Quantcast

(wing) GMT (ding)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hey once upon a time we had talked swapping beers for some green salsa. that still a thing?
Oh yeah. That's why there is a giant jar of green chili's in my cabinet. I'll see what kind of box I can find to fit it into.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful day out there....the sun is shining, and somewhere, out there.....is a sixer with my name on it when the clock hits 5. :headbang:

I'm going to make some cold calls, and then go head out into the world to look for somebody who needs signs. SIGNS!!!! :nerd:
It's still in limbo. Lawyer has sent the letter explaining that I'm employed in a completely different division of the company that deals with printing, and not signs. We hope that will work. I doubt it, and will most likely have to sit in the corner and think about what I've done for about a year, then I can return to the industry.
Does this mean you are employed for the year?

Have you considered burning the old workplace to the ground?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had my quarterly face to face with my boss today. Her dog recently died and we had a teary discussion on how awesome teh puppers are.

I also told her how one of her feckless piece of shit engineers is trying to get other people to do his job for him by scheduling full day Saturday meetings for the next month. Her grief turned to rage. She is this fuck's senior manager. The hammer got dropped on him and his worthless boss. I flat out told him to fuck off but I wasn't going to let my actual valuable co-workers to get bullied into working weekends via passive aggressive meeting requests. I may have made some enemies and burned some bridges today but that is a fire I am happy to dance around.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had my quarterly face to face with my boss today. Her dog recently died and we had a teary discussion on how awesome teh puppers are.

I also told her how one of her feckless piece of shit engineers is trying to get other people to do his job for him by scheduling full day Saturday meetings for the next month. Her grief turned to rage. She is this fuck's senior manager. The hammer got dropped on him and his worthless boss. I flat out told him to fuck off but I wasn't going to let my actual valuable co-workers to get bullied into working weekends via passive aggressive meeting requests. I may have made some enemies and burned some bridges today but that is a fire I am happy to dance around.
He kicks dogs and old people when he thinks no one is looking doesn't he ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He kicks dogs and old people when he thinks no one is looking doesn't he ?

No. He is just dumb and worthless. He seems to believe that his job is worry about everything and solve problems by creating dumb and overly complicated processes that requires giant committees of people in multi hour meetings. When he doesn't get his way he snivels and whines and uses manipulative passive aggressive tricks. I used to like the guy when I didn't work with him. We now pretty much only have brief exchanges where he pulls his passive aggressive bullshit and I respond with directly aggressive anger.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I definitely just missed the second step outside of my front door and ate shit running out of my house. Ankle went POP. Ice pack in play, hopefully nothing more than that is needed.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
almost done putting my bike back together again... all I have left to do is put sealant in and I'm ready to ride. now if it could just stop raining... in the mean time, I'll enjoy these couple of beers and my bong-pen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm not allowed to do this anymore. :(
I make sure it is work place appropriate. When shit head was suggesting day long meetings every saturday, or meeting at 4:00 AM every day, I simply responded with intense eye contact and a loud slow "no". It is a lot like trying to train a puppy.