Quantcast

[Wingding]Friday GMT[Wingding]

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ride last night followed by pizza and beer with a ton of folks at a buddy's place. Many good times were had. Met my ex-girlfriend's new dude, which is a 2007 Toyota Tundra. I think my '06 is envious she's found a younger model, but is comforted knowing I still care.

/awkwardness

...I got a job interview over the phone on Monday for two seperate positions. If I get either one I will be moving to Tahoe for the season.
I'll try and remember this if I get out to Tahoe this season. Which is probable. Not highly probable, but probable enough it should be mentioned.

Happy Friday! I went on a brewery tour of Boneyard Brewery last night with the Central Oregon Beer Angels. That place is killing it. Doubt most of ya around the country have heard of them though. Small place. Anywho - always fun to hang out with women who enjoy good beer since I spend a lot of time hanging around dudes.
Heard of Boneyard, but not the COBAs. Oregon suddenly sounds magical. But tell them to fix their website...
http://centraloregonbeerangels.com/ said:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.centraloregonbeerangels.com Port 80

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I just saw the worst butterface of all time. Cashing a check at the bank and one of the ladies is a sexy witch. Looks really good, then she turned around and I went "Gah!". She looked like a lipsticked Gollum that had smoked a million cigarettes and sucked a 100,000 dicks.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Big gains at the gym. Muscles keep waking up. My bench press and curl haven't added much weight, but the form is better and I have more voluntary control of the left arm.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Big gains at the gym. Muscles keep waking up. My bench press and curl haven't added much weight, but the form is better and I have more voluntary control of the left arm.
congratulations, that's good news. serious question though: is there any kind of control that is not voluntary?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm torn. It was just brought to my attention that my birthday is soon. My Mom likes to get me a present, despite me now being a grown-up. I really want to get a Dinan rear sway bar to balance out the handling on the car (neutral, no more understeer) and in my pride (that will lead to a fall) get the last point to get my Dinan badge. However, the bike trays for my roof rack are about 2" too short for my Yeti and the clamps won't hold my fork-up in place.

They are roughly the same price, one is functional, one is a want item. I'm so torn. Logic says get the trays. Fun says get the sway. What am I supposed to do?!:panic:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
congratulations, that's good news. serious question though: is there any kind of control that is not voluntary?
Well, there's voluntary movement. There's also semi (breathing) and involuntary (heart beats). Not sure what the technical names are.

I can initiate movement in the arm, but not always control it. Sometimes it spasms midway through the action. Sometimes I lack the strength and/or range of movement to complete an action. If I were to be on my back and try to move my arms through the bench press movement, my left arm would spasm and lock early in the movement. If I added something sturdy and heavy, like a 20lb bar, my arm can complete the action. I think the weight seats the shoulder in a better orientation. It also helps to have the bar provide a bit of support and assist from my right arm. There's a tipping point; as the bar gets lighter and/or more flexy, the less help it provides and it gets harder to complete the action.

In yoga, the instructor always points out that fingers need to touch the ground, or a block, or the lower legs when doing a forward fold. I've noticed the body reacts differently when the fingers contact something that provides support vs. the arms hanging free. I think there's something going on in the proprioception department.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm torn. It was just brought to my attention that my birthday is soon. My Mom likes to get me a present, despite me now being a grown-up. I really want to get a Dinan rear sway bar to balance out the handling on the car (neutral, no more understeer) and in my pride (that will lead to a fall) get the last point to get my Dinan badge. However, the bike trays for my roof rack are about 2" too short for my Yeti and the clamps won't hold my fork-up in place.

They are roughly the same price, one is functional, one is a want item. I'm so torn. Logic says get the trays. Fun says get the sway. What am I supposed to do?!:panic:
Run a few more PSI in your rear tires and have the camber dialed back a half a degree in the rear. You will have a better balanced car without sacrificing cost and comfort.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Function > Form. Always.
^ this, plus racks because bikes.
Dinan badges look like shit imo but I'm a fan of properly designed sway bars.
Therefore, get both but stick the badge on your tool box instead of the car.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well, there's voluntary movement. There's also semi (breathing) and involuntary (heart beats). Not sure what the technical names are.

I can initiate movement in the arm, but not always control it. Sometimes it spasms midway through the action. Sometimes I lack the strength and/or range of movement to complete an action. If I were to be on my back and try to move my arms through the bench press movement, my left arm would spasm and lock early in the movement. If I added something sturdy and heavy, like a 20lb bar, my arm can complete the action. I think the weight seats the shoulder in a better orientation. It also helps to have the bar provide a bit of support and assist from my right arm. There's a tipping point; as the bar gets lighter and/or more flexy, the less help it provides and it gets harder to complete the action.

In yoga, the instructor always points out that fingers need to touch the ground, or a block, or the lower legs when doing a forward fold. I've noticed the body reacts differently when the fingers contact something that provides support vs. the arms hanging free. I think there's something going on in the proprioception department.
that's cool/fucked. the body is an amazing piece of .... work. glad to hear you're making progress.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
^ this, plus racks because bikes.
Dinan badges look like shit imo but I'm a fan of properly designed sway bars.
Therefore, get both but stick the badge on your tool box instead of the car.
I don't disagree about how they look. But it's just one of those "things", like having the Stasis badging on an Audi, or Brabus on the Mercedes. It's shallow. Definitely shallow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not a bad Friday.

Slept in, saved the day at work from home, took a nap and now I'm having beer.

Awesome day of just saying fuck it and doing fuck all.

I think I might go heat up the bong shed. That should round the day out nicely.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I just spent the last two hours or so editing and slightly revising a paper, redoing all the references in EndNote (prior author had been updating and citing references by hand!), making a cover letter and title page, redoing the figures, and generally tidying it up per the journal's submission requirements.

I have therefore earned my place on the author's list without moral conundrum (as is sometimes the case for "honorary authors" stuck on late in the game, as was the case with this paper and me).