Quantcast

{{wingdings}} Shaturday {{wingdings}}

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still digesting the being laid off yesterday. I have been doing a lot of networking already. Still disappointed that my boss fired me over Teams like wtf after 5 years. I tell myself she must be under a lot of pressure. Anyway onward and upwards they say!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Second trip in a row I got home and discovered that I was not charged for items. Small dollar value items, but wtf.

Wife got pulled over last night for an expired inspection sticker. Twas the nicest police officer and encounter I've ever had with the police. No ticket.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Second trip in a row I got home and discovered that I was not charged for items. Small dollar value items, but wtf.

Wife got pulled over last night for an expired inspection sticker. Twas the nicest police officer and encounter I've ever had with the police. No ticket.
Our province got rid of license plate stickers and the yearly registration fee. For good or bad. Many people didn't realize that you still need to register the plates to your car, for them to not expire.

But no worries, they are rolling out automated camera and detection equipment on pretty much every police car now. So the actual officer doesn't need to check, the system will just tell them as they drive by (including ticketing parked cars).

:panic:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Went out early for a ride. Quited early because I seemed to have tweeked my bad knee yesterday. Hurts a bit. Le sucks.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Kiddos are sick. Spousal unit is worn out. Here I am saying, "whatchu girls need today??"

Goal for me is .410 slugs for my shotgun and a dying rabbit call for coyotes. We lost 7 chickens the day before yesterday. Wife wants to see these wild dogs decimated.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Kiddos are sick. Spousal unit is worn out. Here I am saying, "whatchu girls need today??"

Goal for me is .410 slugs for my shotgun and a dying rabbit call for coyotes. We lost 7 chickens the day before yesterday. Wife wants to see these wild dogs decimated.
1679149822959.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Thats what I told my wife. She said we dont have enough land to contain one. I said 18 acres is pretty decent! Those GP do like to roam though...
ive seen people with less land in castle rock colorado have one of these for their aplpaca's

Screenshot_20230318_111701_Chrome.jpg

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Don’t bother with ammo, buy a ton of snare material, way more effective and cheaper

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Another day living the dream here. Thursday I took 62 of my students to see the Hamilton National Tour. They were all mesmerized and it definitely brings me joy to see them so engaged in something musical. Yesterday was a "professional learning day" so that means conference all day for me and no school for the kiddos. I'm also supposed to go on a school visit with the admin team and a couple of other team leaders on Monday. I really dislike being out of my classroom so I hope it's worth it.

Youngest has a vomit bug, crashed out on the couch and the oldest is at gymnastics so it's looking like a chill day of making some more liquid gold.

Oh I also put a deposit down on lodging for Monkeyfest so there's that!

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Thats what I told my wife. She said we dont have enough land to contain one. I said 18 acres is pretty decent! Those GP do like to roam though...
18 probably isn’t enough. Buddy of mine had two on 70 acres, it was a constant battle to keep them on his side of the fence. Great dogs otherwise, kept deer at bay, friendly and tough as nails…

eta - or his dogs were just poorly trained.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
18 probably isn’t enough. Buddy of mine had two on 70 acres, it was a constant battle to keep them on his side of the fence. Great dogs otherwise, kept deer at bay, friendly and tough as nails…

eta - or his dogs were just poorly trained.
No I agree, I dont think 18 is enough. I see lost GP posts on the internet lost dogs constantly. These dogs like to roam miles and out here some dogs get to live that life. @gonefirefightin I am considering trapping them. Especially since I dont think there is a .410 slug for sale within 40 miles of me.

Edit... the only trapping I've done is with conibear traps in the canal, going after nuisance beavers when I was a kid.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
good morning folks

I used to like to find the coyotes trails and pee all over any brush they would be rubbing against. Also pee around the perimeter, I think it helps a bit.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
good morning folks

I used to like to find the coyotes trails and pee all over any brush they would be rubbing against. Also pee around the perimeter, I think it helps a bit.
Yea, thats part of the problem I think. All this coyote action started a few weeks after Moses died.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey punkins! :cupidarrow: I got out of bed early for a Saturday and ran 21 miles. I've got the Boston Marathon in a month and have races the next two weekends, so this was my last chance to get a long one in. 'Twas a good run.

Stopped at the food store on my way home and scored a half price porterhouse. WOO HOO meat for dinner!! Now I've got to go back out and find a tuna steak for the wife. :monkey: I was going back out anyway.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
No I agree, I dont think 18 is enough. I see lost GP posts on the internet lost dogs constantly. These dogs like to roam miles and out here some dogs get to live that life. @gonefirefightin I am considering trapping them. Especially since I dont think there is a .410 slug for sale within 40 miles of me.

Edit... the only trapping I've done is with conibear traps in the canal, going after nuisance beavers when I was a kid.

set them close to the prey so you don't have to spread them out so far and create some travel choke points

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
lawns mowed, sourdough proofing, slow cooked a rack of ribs in a Le Cruset then finished them off in the broiler. My belly be full. Ruth is kicking ass at the horse show. High Point winner of the show yesterday and she scored even higher today. I am about to retreat to my hammock with a beer. So nice not to be harassed by the chores must be done in "this Order" woman :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: