Quantcast

winME color options help

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
i had to replace my hard drive and i reinstalled winME and now all i have is 16 bit color.

I went to the control panel to change the color setting and all i have is a 16 bit setting there is no 256 color setting

am i missing an upgrade or did i load something wrong????

thanks for your help

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You must mean that all you have is "16 color", not 16 bit color, right?. 16 bit color is more than 256 colors.

What you need is drivers for your video card. If you bought the video card seperately, you will have a drivers CD. If it came with your computer and you know the manufacturer and model, you can go to the manufacturer's website and download them.

If you don't know what card you have, go to your computer manufacturer's website (Dell, for instance), and look up their driver's section - there should be a list of all the hardware and associated drivers that came with your computer. At the very least, the computer manufacturer's website should list what kind of video card came with your computer and you can locate the drivers on the video card manufacturer's site.

Good luck!

edit: Tench beat me, but my answer was more complete ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tenchiro said:
I used ME for a bit and never had a problem with it. I think 98 does run with less overhead though.
The only experience I had was when I "upgraded" my son's box to ME from 98. After the upgrade, it would lock up, blue screen, run dog slow all the time. I even tried to clean install with the same results. After about 6 months, I reverted back to 98SE and didn't have those issues anymore.

Last year I converted it to a SuSE box and it runs like a charm.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Alright, guys, suggestion that he spend more money isn't helping, he's got his solution and when he posts, "WinME sucks, it crashes all the time, how can I fix it?" then you can lend your $0.02 on the matter ;)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:
Alright, guys, suggestion that he spend more money isn't helping, he's got his solution and when he posts, "WinME sucks, it crashes all the time, how can I fix it?" then you can lend your $0.02 on the matter ;)
You're supposed to spend money for Windows? :confused:

;) :thumb: