Quantcast

Winter DH options

Epsorenson

Chimp
Oct 21, 2019
Hi new to DH ... live in Southern California and winter spots are lift served in big bear but when lifts close, always wanting to look for options near and far. Without riding uphill, what are the lift and or shuttle options for downhill across the country? i’ve figured out fairly quickly I mostly like speed , berms jumps and flow. Where should I go for a fun trip? windrock? Bailey? Spider mountain? Interested in the opinions and ideas of the group, thanks!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've a few friends who have gone to Bailey and Windrock over Christmas/New Years, the last two or three seasons. They've always had a blast (including one nighttime shuttle at Windrock).

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
isn't there ample shuttle opportunities around So Cal?
The winter shuttle options aren't for particularly bike parky type trials, they have speed, but no berms/jumps/flow. Well, maybe some jumps, but no flow.

Skypark isn't a shuttle, but is a bike park.

Southridge Winter Series, has a shuttle, but it's racing

Mt Wilson isn't bike parky, but the shuttle runs all year IIRC

There's a bunch more, and chances are good we won't get shit for snow, so everything except Summit and Snow Valley should be open to ride all year, and/or on fire.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That place is probably the best park I've been to. Once they open the new chair I don't think I'd bother going elsewhere.
Yeah I wish it were closer to get to for us as we had a blast, but three flights is a lot.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No shit, there's a bike park in Texas south of Dallas with a lift. I don't trust anything in Texas...

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
People come to Socal to ride during the Winter, not the other way around.

Save your money for En Zed.

where in Socal are you?