Quantcast

winter park Dh ??

the wop

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
Colorado Springs
any of you monkeys been to winter park ? I'm heading there on sunday ,is it wort it or should I keep trucking to keystone or vail . I like keystone and vail
but I rode keystone alot last year and want to try some thing else. Is the treck over the pass worth it???

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
I find winter park's lift assisted riding to be "xc oriented". They really don't have DH trails. There's a couple trails that are fast but they're simply a singletrack that traverses the slope; you can rip them at high speed, but they also collect a lot of tourists. There is a cool technical xc trail on the north side called mountain goat, but it's fairly short. and requires a LONG ride, including uphill, to get back to the lift.

So to answer your question, I would go to keystone or vail. Winter park is not DH riding.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
I hear ya, and like I said, it's not dh riding. No drops, no jumps, no steeps.

Not a bad place to take a mountain biking lady for a date though! :love:

the wop

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
Colorado Springs
my lady is hard corps. we rode jones park last weekend ,which by the trail guide is supposed to be DH , B.S. there was almost more uphill than down and the down was lame . took us forever to find the damn trail too . she was pissed at how pussy the trail was. love those mtnbike chicks

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
I found it to be fun on a slalom bike....but nothing there is worthy of more than 4 inches of travel. They did burm lots of the turns last year and like renegade said it's pretty fun to pin it...but I'd keep going to vail or keystone.

FunkMaster

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Golden, CO
I heard they put a bunch of jumps on the only trail that really went downhill last year at Winter Park.

But I just got back from Keysone and it was incredible. Couldn't imagine better conditions. I'll be back tomorrow.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
FunkMaster said:
I heard they put a bunch of jumps on the only trail that really went downhill last year at Winter Park.

But I just got back from Keysone and it was incredible. Couldn't imagine better conditions. I'll be back tomorrow.
Define "jumps"......are they nice??!!