Quantcast

Winter Park Lodging

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Sorry duders, I don't know if this is necessarily the right place to put this, but does anybody know of a cheap place to stay around Winter Park? Me and some friends are heading out there in two weeks and we're trying to figure out where to stay. We're on a pretty tight budget. Is Granby too far away to stay there?
The cheapest I could find was $80 per room at Valley High Motel. Anybody know of anything else where the roaches won't carry us away?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Granby is about a 25 minute drive away, but Bike Sol Granby Ranch Vista Park is there also, which would be cool.

For Winter Park, there are a bunch of hotels in town that can probably be had for cheap, such as the Sundowner. If you want to walk to the chairlift, you need to stay at the resort. Check out the Vintage Hotel for that. They have a bike wash, bike storage, with the lowest rates for a hotel at the resort, last I checked.
There's also free camping in the nearby National Forest land as well.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm a bit of a city slickin sissy these days. I'm not into camping anymore unless it's in a pop-up or something similar. Tired of tenting.
We don't necessarily need to walk to the lift. If Granby has cheap places, maybe that's what we'll do.

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
I'm a bit of a city slickin sissy these days. I'm not into camping anymore unless it's in a pop-up or something similar. Tired of tenting.
We don't necessarily need to walk to the lift. If Granby has cheap places, maybe that's what we'll do.
We have a large group going up in 2 weeks as well. What days are you going to be up there?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Keep us posted of where you find lodging. Even us locals don't even know. Also, don't forget about Sol Twista when you are sick of Rain Maker at the Warrior Pricess. One way to do it is to brush up on your jumping skills on the safer tables at WP before doing the more scarier gaps at SV. IMO. It may be a little sandy, but don't let that get in your vagina!