Quantcast

Winter Rebuild with pic

nj82tj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2008
Western NY
Just thought I would put this on here because I have nothing better to do right now. My bike originally started off as a 2001 Trek Fuel 98. The only parts left from that are the front and rear derailleur, handle bars and front fork. My build list consists of Azonic Outlaw wheels (36hole) on a Steelhead frame, Kona cranks and Primo pedals, BB7's front and rear with 185mm discs, 2.4 Maxxis Holy Rollers and lastly soon to come new bars and possibly a new fork.

Here is my updated pic with the tires mounted. I didn't have as much trouble as I thought I would have had.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome start.

I have been putting together this years race rig over the past month. My frame/fork should be here this week, then I need to build the wheels and the rest I have laying around.

I'm going old school this year with the '03 GT DHi and '02 Monster T. I have always wanted to rock one of those frames and I love the old Monster. I'll use an 888 if I decide the front isn't enough.

Pics will follow next week.

Jimmi707

Chimp
Oct 16, 2007
Brisvagus Ozland
fab frame / wheelset combo azonic have always been bomb proof!

how much travel up front are you looking at? i want to do a similar project - ss thro with u-turn pike cause i like the idea of just 95mm for the park

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Before you get the new bars, I'd suggest getting some tubes and putting those tires on.

Thats just me though...

nj82tj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2008
Western NY
yeah, i'm kind of thinking about just keeping the for for a while now. it has 4" of travel and both sides are air adjustable. i'm undecided.

nj82tj

Chimp
Jan 5, 2008
Western NY
Before you get the new bars, I'd suggest getting some tubes and putting those tires on.

Thats just me though...
Just for you, I bought some tubes and mounted my tires! :pirate2:

Also, I just used some hockey tape double wrapped on the rim. That should be alright yea?