Quantcast

Wintergreen loggers alley Open Saturday!!!

B

bikerdave69

Out of bounds is slowly but surely getting the mountain biking world back to WG. This saturday we are opening up Loggers Alley with the suttle service running...only a few trees were down from over the winter season and they are cut and out of the way.. so it should be a good day to come vist and get those season passes and ride down to the valley onces or twice a few new trails are being cut over by cross country, parks place, and rendezvous. its a drop or roller off a rock.. and we might be putting a log ride if you dont want to drop ( or do both). Next week work will start on the A side and big acorn and stuff...
hope to see up here

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by bikerdave69
Out of bounds is slowly but surely getting the mountain biking world back to WG.
How do they plan on doing that?

I know this has been brought up before, but who are you? What have you done at WG to get "the mountain biking world back?" I think we know exactly who is responsible for what WG is today. Do you even ride?

I know I sound like a d!ck, but we don't even know who you are and it's sounding as though you've had something to do with the DH park at WG.

B

bikerdave69

i've been working at WG since jan. and im working at out of bounds for the summer...we just finished clearing the trails yesterday so they are ready to go for this weekend...if you want to meet me i'll be at the moutain all summer...and i do ride.. i dont have to rent a bike from WG... hope you all make a trek up!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
don't mean to be a dick either.....

but it's gonna take more than clearing those trails to get them back up and runnin! (loggers alley ain't gonna get people comin.. hate to brake it to ya)

at the end of the season last year there were some serious spots in need of some TLC, and from what I hear there are new spots as well that are even worse.

if wintergreen really plans on bringing any serious mtn bikers back to the resort this summer, the boys who built the sh*t need to be back out on the hill

The riders know who did what!

btw. April 1st was the day trail work was suppose to start at Wintergreen! Put the boys back on the Hill!!!!!!!!!!

the only pictures we've seen are of Dinky Mtn, which was some dirt mounds and a couple of sticks layin on a log..........

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
hey bikerdave, dont take any of this critisism the wrong way... we all love wintergreen and we are concerned that its gonna go to the ****ters if something significant isn't done to set thigs straight. But if you want people to be excited about this stuff you guys are gonna need builders who will build/maintain the trails... not just clear them. Ill be there later this spring/summer, hopefully things will be looking good then.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
the only thing i can say is HI HO HI HO off to snowshoe we go!!!!
the boys and i are serious about some racing this year, and we need some ELEVATION. so to the west we go.

the bandwagon has begun:sneaky: :sneaky: :nopity: :nopity:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
speakin of elevation........ trail building will commence very soon!!!

AVG. of 1600 ft of elevation change with a few spots at 2,000 YAY!!!!!!!

I'll keep the monkies tuned in!

this whole wintergreen thing is bummin me out!

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Originally posted by Castle
....this whole wintergreen thing is bummin me out!....
...........NO DOUBT!!!!! I hope something happens to change things or I may just sell the DH bike cause I sure the heck am not driving to SnowShoe every weekend!:mad: :angry: :dead:

PS.... Sean, rode walnut creek today & next up-------Carvin's Cove. You up for a XC ride anytime soon?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
should have the bike built up soon........ maybe if I'm lucky this weekend.... I'll post some shots of it when I'm done

B

bikerdave69

sorry about the price upings.. but WG is during that with everything this year.. a few guys are at the mountain today so they will tell you how things are going.. when it comes to building and clearing trails on the A side this year its just going to be the OOB's crew.. the two guys that built all the trails are not going to be working at WG anymore. Jeff and i just finished too new trails Yesterday...some rock drops and a log ride. I know you all are like well crap.. WG is going to suck big ones cause theres this dude we dont know working on trails then a bunch of kids that dont ride bikes messing with are stuff. well thats all its going to be this year. give it a week or so..and then we will know whats going on over in mecca and stuff..

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by BigMike
So is everyone abandoning WG?
If I don't trust that the people building and maintaining trails have the riding experience & knowledge to make trails/stunts worthy of a DH bike, YES!!!!

And bikerdave, don't post about things you don't know about. Believe me, you don't have all the facts.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Any word on when the lifts will start running? Also is the loggers alley shuttle amy more organized than in years past? Are you still going sit and wait forever at the golf course and hope you dont get bumped by a bunch of golfers at the last minute? I might try and get up there next weekend if I know I can get a good handful of runs.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by Matt D
If I don't trust that the people building and maintaining trails have the riding experience & knowledge to make trails/stunts worthy of a DH bike, YES!!!!

And bikerdave, don't post about things you don't know about. Believe me, you don't have all the facts.

WORD, Matt speaks the truth!!!!!

B

bikerdave69

ok Matt.. but not to be a dick but how would you have all the facts.. i mean if you were anywhere near the mountain i would have meet you already. but i guess not. so dont tell me i dont know all the facts. i might not know everything, but im sure i got more on the Down low than you.
now dont put this crap on me, im just trying to be nice and tell you all how things are going at the mountain. IF it was my call man, i would have a crew of 4 in the woods untill may 8th to have that place in tip top shape, but its not. I have to go by what the boss says first then i can work. Yeah i walked the A side the other day.. the trails just that aren't so bad for making it through the winter but the stunts and drops and tranys..well they need some love.
When it comes to the two builder dudes.. well i never meet them, i've asked if they are coming to help with the trails, cause i would much rather have someone who knows those stunts and trails inside and out helping. but all guys that have been working down at oob for a few years said that they wont be on the mountain working if we are. so by that i've got the picture that i wont be meeting those guys anytime soon...
for now im done with this post till next week. i'll keep you all updated on whats going on, even though some of you guys are just going to blow up about it all in my face... i'd figure some people wouldn't mind just to know the news.. and if you want to meet me those i'll be at the mountain next saturday working.. just ask for bikerdave...and you'll find me..till next week goodmorning, good day, and goodnight.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Dave, you are stickin your neck out in a place you really don't know!!!!!! It's cool that you are workin at OOB and trying to bring us the info! We do appreciate it! I hope you continue to bring the info, when you do bring us the info you may want to stay away from things like "We are bringing the mtn bike world back to wintergreen"

sorry but last year, the fellas who put there heart, soul and blood into those trails were the ones who brought us mtn bikers to wintergreen or even gave it a name in the mtn biking world at all. (it sure as hell isn't loggers alley)

So stuff like that can piss some people off, me for one as a trailbuilder got pretty heated when you said that, because to be blunt the folks there don't know there ass from a whole in the ground when it comes to building. Shady building doesn't bring mtn biking to wintergreen, sorry.

I'm not tryin to be a dick again, but you really don't know all the facts.

Just some advice, take some time and thought into your next post regarding wintergreen, and maybe give it a few weeks before you speak up next time.

Or how about this, don't say anything and just post pictures of the trail work, saying if anything at all.... here's what's been done! That will leave no room for you to get bashed!

Then you can take the comments and go show your boss, then you are helpin us out!!!!!

thanks man we all look forward to meeting you and gettin you out on the trails riding!

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
so dont tell me i dont know all the facts.
You don't know all the facts. What business would I have being at WG? I can't work on the trails.

But I appreciate you putting some work into the trails, I hope this whole situation gets resolved soon. If all goes well we'll all be building and working on the trails together.

WG has to remember that they can put thousands of hours into cutting trails, but if they don't know what they're doing it's all for naught.

B

bikerdave69

yeah man...im so down with all that...i can clear a trail...or even cut a new one..but i dont know a thing about building big stuff..like stunts and ladders and what not..stuff like that, and really theres only one person that i know that chould do a good job at that stuff..but he only works on the weekends, so thats not going to help much. realy we need a trail crew till now to may, but thats not going to happen......
.the boss man is all about " natural stunts" right now...rock drops, log rides..etc. but i dont know what building or big stuff is going to go down.......so will just see how it all turns out.....i'll keep you and the rest post'd. i'll be working on thrusday, i dont know if we will get on the trail or what...i hope...till then i'll hit up an other post at the end of each week that we do have some progress...if we don't have any...i'll just have you all wondering...later days!

Aug 30, 2002
Snow hoes

When it comes to the two builder dudes.. well i never meet them, i've asked if they are coming to help with the trails, cause i would much rather have someone who knows those stunts and trails inside and out helping. but all guys that have been working down at oob for a few years said that they wont be on the mountain working if we are. so by that i've got the picture that i wont be meeting those guys anytime soon...

Help us Jebus!!!:dead:

BigClyde

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Greenville, SC
I'm a two time visitor to Wintergreen near the end of last season. I met some great riders up there who aren't posting on this thread. It seems to me that there is something underneath all this talk about Wintergreen. Can someone elighten me? I met BANCHE last year and he was really cool. But he seems to be leaving.

I only ask because I drive about six hours to go to Wintergreen and honestly it was worth the drive. But, I would really like to know if things are changing up there so I don't waste time and money.

BikerDave69, I don't know you at all, but you seem to be a WG spokesperson. Can you let me know if will be worth a six hour drive?

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by BigClyde
BikerDave69, I don't know you at all, but you seem to be a WG spokesperson.
No offense to him, but he is not the spokesman for WG.

In a couple of weeks we should know all we need to know, just give it some time and the other guys will speak up.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by Matt D
No offense to him, but he is not the spokesman for WG.

In a couple of weeks we should know all we need to know, just give it some time and the other guys will speak up.

once again, this man speaks the truth!!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Last year i rode wintergreen every weekend pretty much and it was great riding there. The trails were wonderful and working out great but definetely the downfall of them happened later in the year when the people responsible for them were not allowed out. I heard their was a trench in banche and of course all the stunts are going to be rotting. If you personally don't know about building stunts bikerdave but are the only one really doing anything then who is going to repair them and make sure they are safe to ride this year? If you don't know much about fixing trails and making good trails who is going to divert the water stream going down the middle of the berm trail if the fix from last year is gone? Who is going to make more trails so people aren't riding the same things over and over again and attract people who skip over wintergreen and go straight to snowshoe for the elevation? What are the chances of the big side being opened? I know for a fact that maybe 5-10 riders in the Richmond area don't goto wintergreen because of elevation and they drive an extra hour or so just to goto snowshoe. And last year every weekend i was there i rode loggers alley a whole 0 times. Fix the things that attract people, the stunts and the race courses like banche not fireroads like loggers alley.

my 2 cents.
-andrew