Quantcast

Wireless keyboards and stuff

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, I was looking at the wireless keyboards and mice....

The combos look like their about $100.00....

Is it worth it? If so, which do you have or would get?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what's the benefit, really? when i'm typing, i'm either at a laptop, or right @ my PC. i need a monitor, so unless that's wireless, you are still attached to the box. a wireless mouse i can see the utility, as you are physically moving it and sometimes the cord can get in the way of stuff, but a keyboard? seems like shimano indexing on a front derailleur; an answer in search of a question.

J

JRB

I use it at work and it works fine. The only benefit is picking it up to get some work space. I see no function, other than moving it and not having a wire. The mouse is fine too. You can get them for $60 or so, but I wouldn't if I didn't have a true need.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Thanks. With as much school work I do, and 100% of it online, it seemed to be a good idea.....

But I like the way Narlus put it "an answer in search of a question"

However, I had purchased it, and while it may seem weird, it seems to work like a champ. The mouse is real nice. But what I liked was the feel of the keyboard. more springy.

With as much s I type, it actually becomes a huge issue. Weird enough as it may seem, I like the feel of the mouse. But shit...for $100.00...it better make coffee too.

All joking aside, I like the feel so far and am very impressed.......

J

JRB

Is it an ergo split keyboard?? I used those for a good while, and really liked them.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
loco said:
Is it an ergo split keyboard?? I used those for a good while, and really liked them.
Yeah it is.....I have never had one before, thought it would be odd, but I got adjusted to it real quick.....

Nice....

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
On the average people sit less than 17" away from their display & PC, and at that short of a range why would you need to be wireless? Save your money and batteries and just go wired.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I agree with you. I've been doing CAD for 20 years...however, since i have gone back to school, this past year has been an eye opener as far as the subtleties of the peripherals of the dang computer........

To be honest, the freedom of moving the mouse and keyboard while doing legal research is quite intriguing...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i have an apple bluetooth keyboard. nice when using it to toggle through flashcards on the computer, especially with other people. however, it's flaky, and i wouldn't recommend it.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
a wireless setup would be nice. i hate when the mouse cord gets hung on something, or rubs against something else. keyboard...eh...it'd be nice. i like sitting farther away from my screen. right now i'm more than an arm's lenght away, and would like to be a little further back, but unless i want goofyass routing, i'm stuck with it.

i really, really like this:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2158,CONTENTID=10777

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I have a wireless mouse and just love it. So much easier to deal with, I never lose connection, and you only have to change the battery like once every 2 or 3 months,

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
sirknight6 said:
Thanks. With as much school work I do, and 100% of it online, it seemed to be a good idea.....

But I like the way Narlus put it "an answer in search of a question"

However, I had purchased it, and while it may seem weird, it seems to work like a champ. The mouse is real nice. But what I liked was the feel of the keyboard. more springy.

With as much s I type, it actually becomes a huge issue. Weird enough as it may seem, I like the feel of the mouse. But shit...for $100.00...it better make coffee too.

All joking aside, I like the feel so far and am very impressed.......
Which combo did you end up getting? MS?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
MtnBikerChk said:
OK, Question..... a bunch of people in my office recently got wireless keyboards and mice but now they sit so close that they are typing on each others computers and moving each others cursors!

What do you do about that?

Turn their computers off! :p :D

I'm guessing that there may need to be restraint in regard to how far away one should sit from their computers.

I like the idea of it simply for the fact that while doing legal research, I can move the keyboard around a bit or even set it on top of the book itself. While it can be argued that you could do it now with a tethered keyboard and mouse, it still gets in the way when you have a LOT of books open and your researching, its just easier.

In an offic environment, it can get a bit crazy I imagine. And then there is the issue of security in an office environment.