Quantcast

Wireless Speakers?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Okay:

Is there such a thing as wireless speakers that I could hook up to my stereo? I would like to have mobile speakers. I don't want to run cables all over the place.

The "experts" at Best Buy didn't know if that kind of thing even existed.

So?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What I would like it to have good, party worthy sound. That thing deliver in an outdoor environment?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't think either of these are going to be really "party worthy". I mean, party worthy implies to me that it's going to need to be fairly loud without distorting - which consumes power, which requires power outlets and wires.

The Logitech setup is fine but they're small rear speakers and the subwoofer isn't going to be there, so you're not going to get great or powerful sound.

What's your budget? I have an MP3 player and a laptop, so I have two portable devices that I could bring outside in a party. Thus, what I'd probably do for a hookup is buy a cheap set of powered studio monitors (expensive solution), or an inexpensive bookshelf sound system from Radio Shack or some place, with an Auxilliary input.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Duh, That's true. I could just use my laptop, or my Ipod for that matter with a decent set of computer speakers.

I had a vision of the same music playing all over the party though. This way, it will have separate sound tracks in different areas. I guess that's okay.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
syadasti said:
The logitech rear speakers are 40.5 RMS watts each, thats decent power...
Oh - this is for a party?

When I think "party", I think of a rack or two filled w/ 500w Crest amps and so many speakers you need at least 4 able-bodied people to stack them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
syadasti said:
The logitech rear speakers are 40.5 RMS watts each, thats decent power...
I'd be suprised if they could actually put out 40 watts each without a lot of distortion - many times they measure the power output @ 10% distortion :dead:. That's not all that much power anyway, depending on the size of the party.

Da Peach, it's a noble goal but I don't think there's a good way of doing it wirelessly right now.

Your laptop/iPod and a set of powered speakers are probably the easiest way to do it.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Fair enough. Mitchapalooza will have to live without the technology.

Maybe I'll just entertain by playing guitar instead. Oh yeah, better start practising...

What are the words to Kumbaya again?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
Oh - this is for a party?

When I think "party", I think of a rack or two filled w/ 500w Crest amps and so many speakers you need at least 4 able-bodied people to stack them.
I'm with Transcend... I'm getting you to plan my next party.