Quantcast

Wiriehorn??

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
So im out in switzerland at the moment ahd get word of some decent riding in Wiriehorn, which turns out to have an IXS track. does anybody have any info on the place? i cant really get that much, and im a 50 min drive away in Grindelwald, if anyone has any other suggestions! as i know there are a few swiss folk on here.

Cheers!

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I remember the race course being fun, but with an epic uphill tarmac slog in the middle.

FYI, this was ~ 6 years ago.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You might just be in luck.
Round 2 of the Swiss IXS DH Cup is being held in Wiriehorn next weekend. 18th July.

FYI, its a cool track. I've raced it a couple times now.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps

Its a sh1t video, made by muppets with helmet cams and too much imagination, but you get the idea.
Typical euro style track. Loads of fun.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
there is also an annual no-chain-race there. might go for the ixs cup race.
Further south in Wallis there are other "ixs" tracks like Bellwald or Crans-Montana. Both of them rock. If you go to Bellwald for more than one day, check out the Fiescheralp-Fiesch track on the other side from the valley. It's a killer super steep 1200m descent...more of a freeride track though, but great fun.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Rob, is that the one you went to that had the stupid-long jump in it, the photos some guy put up were cropped almost panoramic such was the distance people were going off of this bump in the woods?

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Rob, is that the one you went to that had the stupid-long jump in it, the photos some guy put up were cropped almost panoramic such was the distance people were going off of this bump in the woods?
Nope. That was somewhere else. Can't remember where.