Quantcast

wisdom teeth=the suck

Kiltim

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Okinawa, Japan
Ok, so I had all my wisdom teeth pulled a couple weeks ago and I just went back to the dentist today because am having EXTREME pain in my jaw. Well they said it can't be dry socket (that occurs within a week of extraction) and they see no sign of infection and xrays show nothing. So instead of just giving me more pain meds...they decide to cut me open again to have a look. What did they find you say.....2 small pieces of my bottom left wisdom tooth just hanging around inside the socket. I guess when they cracked the tooth to extract it, some shattered off at the bottom and didnt get pulled out during surgery. Why can't they get it right the first time? Now i cant ride for another week :think: ...but I do get Vicodin :love:

ps: anyone ever had a simliar experience??? just wondering.......

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i had such a painful weekend prior to getting a wisdom tooth pulled i decided to quit smoking for a few days to not get dry socket. Fortunately for me i still kept quit, been over 7 years now i imagine....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i got dry socket when i got my wisdom teeth pulled, but thats because i was a 17 year old bad ass who wasn't going to quit smoking for anything.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
wow, sorry to hear that man. if it's any consolation, i was eating normal foods two days after the surgery. and yeah, vicotin (sp?) is the best.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ouchie!

I got mine out when I was 18 - yes it sucked. Unlike you all, I hate vicodin so I suffered through the pain.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Damn that sucks.

If it makes you feel any better, I broke my jaw back in August and still can't eat normally. Nor can I feel half my face.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I dont think I had much pain when I got mine taken out and I thought the only meds I was taking was Penicillen to not get an infection.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I got mine taken out on the 21st. Two of them, one top the other bottom. Absolutely no pain in one, a bit of swelling in the other. Weeks supply of vicodin :)......I was fully healed in time for Christmas eve dinner....so it's not all bad all the time.

Anyhow, that sucks, good luck with the recovery. I'd be pissed if they missed part of the tooth, as I am sure you are.

The Ito

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Toshi said:
brock, which nerves did you damage?
I am told that it is not permanent because the nerve was not actually severed. That it is just trauma/swelling to the mandibular nerve? I have regained some sensation in it but after talking for a while or chewing it goes away.

Don't break your jaw. Trust me.....

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Got all four out last summer. No problems, no pain after the first day.
My bro got his out at the same time, he went today to have them cut him open again. He's had swelling/pus/infection for the last 5 months.