Quantcast

wish me luck

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
y'all wish me luck it's the first race of the year for me. driving down to florida tomorrow for the first ambc event of the year. we'll see how i do, legs feel pretty good but generally doesn't mean much, didn't get to ride today b/c of work so we'll see how they performe come sunday morning. would do like 3 or 4 races this weekend just don't have the $$$ oh well.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
ha somehow i might actually have enough money to do alllll the races i want this weekend!!!!! junior crit tomorrow morning(possibly), definatly the cat 4 crit, xc junior xpert race sunday, then probably gonna do a cat 4 road race!!!! BRING IT!!!! just waiting on my damn friend to show up so we can hit the road. i'll let y'all know how it goes.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by indieboy
ha somehow i might actually have enough money to do alllll the races i want this weekend!!!!! junior crit tomorrow morning(possibly), definatly the cat 4 crit, xc junior xpert race sunday, then probably gonna do a cat 4 road race!!!! BRING IT!!!! just waiting on my damn friend to show up so we can hit the road. i'll let y'all know how it goes.
dude that's the ****! good luck.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
ok i justtttttt got home not to long ago....the weekend was pretty insane. we got down there friday, rode around town scopin for some chicks, came up empty on that though no big deal of course. but saturday when we woke up i looked over to the window and i noticed that it was awfuly dark dondondon it was rainnnnnnnnnnnnnning and it was coldddddddd. it rained the entire day and only got colder. so we showed up just a weeeeee bit late to race the junior crit which was cool b/c they were going slow and me n my friend would have murdered them and gotten nothing but cheesy medals. wellllllll anyways off to my first event for the weekend, the cat 4 crit. now this was my first crit so i expected to be in the back of the group just watching and learning some stuff as the race went on. ha!!! i stayed in the perfect position at the front the entire race. let some attacks go just stayed patient, reeled all the attacks in. not me personally but the group that i was in. so i felt veryyyyyyy strong staying at the front, to be quite honest and i know this is going to sound cocky but i wasn't going hard, many times i found myself not even pedaling through certain sections. well last lap came around and the pace picked up and i just sat right there perfect position for atleast some money if not a podium finish. the course had 6 turns in all on the course and coming down the last straight away b4 the last 2 turns some idiot tabbed someones rear wheel at 30+ mph and took me out in the process. i was goin to swing to the outside and ride my friends wheel through the last 2 turns for a set up for the sprint but i never got there, there was no possible way to avoid that crash unforunatly. no body damage, ended up sliding about 10 ft on my ass, the street was pretty slick so my skin suit isn't torn :D bike damage though, well lets just say my shifter is now parallel to the ground and my rear whell is trashed. so i'm w/ out a bike of this moment. my coach let me borrow my OLD bike for the mtn bike race. we couldn't get my chain line straightened out w/ the gear ratio i was using for the weekend (30/42 x 11-27) so that was one problem, we had it ok for a while but for the most part during the race it would drop every time i tried to shift into my 30. to add to my problems for the mtn bike race my seat post sled about 3/4 of an inch so now my knees feel like ass!!! those 2 problems cost me alottttt of time and cost me a top 5 finish. yet again i felt pretty good after the race, except the knee, so i'm in alot better condition than i thought i would be compared to the rest of the ppl i race w/ and i'm not like hammering it, which most of those guys were, i just rode smoothly n kept up my pace, b/c honestly right now i'm still in my base no hammering right now, only feb.!!!! got plenty of time to improve and improve i will. lol on the drive home we got maybe an hour from my house n we started having car troubles :( we had to have someone come and get us it was noooooooooo fun. instead of being home at 9:30 maybe 9:45 we get home at 12 :angryfire

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Sounds like you had a rough weekend, but I guess that happens sometimes. How about the guy who took you out, was he messed up at all? What about your wheel, do you have any recourse?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well, I guess that's what first races of the year are for huh? That's too bad that you felt so strong but were held up through no fault of your own.:( What are you gonna do about your bike?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
hey at school and reading the responces, i'm supposed to be doing a project for french, but hey how needs french anyways right? yeah i don't know what happened to the guy who took me out. he looked pretty messed up though. i know his bike was definatly trashed b/c he got up cussing and yelling more then i did. now i don't quite know what i'm going to do about my bike, i've been talking to my sponsors about hooking me up w/ a road bike for the year but now i NEED it. if they don't hook me up i'm just going to put some upgrades on it. more then likely my coach is going to get me on the NCC road team for this summer when i'm in the boston area and when i move up there after i finish up school but untill then i'm kinda on my own as far as road racing goes. doesn't bother me to much i've got friends to work w/.....there's the bell see ya.