Quantcast

Wisp/Racer's Edge improvements..

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
It's raining and I'm bored at work so I figured I'd add a USEFUL thread for the PA/MD/DC/VA peoples. :clapping:

What would you like to see at Wisp? (other than a faster lift!:busted:)

There are already more advanced features planned, but I like to put the ideas of the riders to work.

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
BUT,

I'd like to see:

-more cougars
-sombrerros for every racer
-random timing on your race run
-doty make it through a whole season without breaking himself/bike
-did i mention cougars???

Just having some fun dustin

dave kalt
cyclist

Sombrerro's and random timing I agree on...however, I want to replace cougars with bears.

As for Paul..:disgust1:

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Cougars? Hot MILFS?

-Rework the upper section for better flow
-- Put the table at the top of the uphill as opposed to 20m later
-- Make the berms a little quicker flowing/more stable
-- Deal with the issue of the left hand back up hill.

- Keep the lower sections from all of the races minus the one that involved an insane amount of pedaling after the rock drop

- Mo drops, they fun

- Beer on Sunday that I can buy or you want to give me.

- New DS gate

- New DH gate

- Doty in a cheerleader outfit.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
One thing I would like to see is that winners are given some sort of trophy. Prizes are nice, but having a trophy is something a rider can display. Not that I'll get any more top 3 finishes since I'll be racing expert next year.

The trophies can be super simple and cheap. Last year at Duryea they just printed off on a color printer 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place certificates with the race and sponsor logos. Then they just put that piece of paper in a cheap picture frame. I'm sure those "trophies" cost less than $1 each.

I know some of the races had trophies. The overall capital cup had trophies, and MD Championship had number plates as trophies, and overall MAC winners got nice plaques, but there were still several races where only prizes were given out.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
-cut out the tree I hit
-more flow yo
-more (attractive) teenage girls
-food vendors (french fries and burgers would be fantastic)
-bike company tents (661 etc etc)
-a system to get dustin on time for races

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
BUT,

I'd like to see:

-more cougars
-sombrerros for every racer
-random timing on your race run
-doty make it through a whole season without breaking himself/bike
-did i mention cougars???

Just having some fun dustin

dave kalt
cyclist
just so you know I'm mostly healed now.

and I still have your sombrerro

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
What about Paul in a cheerleader outfit?!?! No one has addressed my prime need for the 08 season

01tj

Chimp
Oct 28, 2007
Fairmont WV
Man those lifts are slow, the only thing I can think of though is a Starbucks. I am hoping to ride there more next year it is only about an hour away and definitly has some nice trails

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
things were getting better with every visit this year!

i think signs on the play rock at the bottom that say "MTB stunt area, please keep your children off!" might help keep near misses from happenin!

maybe some more of the built wood stuff up toward the top, kinda like the stuff that has been started!

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
The wood features at the bottom were built by Wisp, as were the other ladders/teeters and whatnot that was not pulled out of storage this year. I would like to see that placed at the top for a "warmup". There might be practice drops at the top as well. I agree about the berms and top section, they need alot of luvin'.

I would like to see a DJ specific area..of course.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
It's gonna be a sad/happy day when I turn 18..

HA HA ! yeah 18+ just means jail time LOL. and you cant drink legally so whats the point of celebrating.

On the topic of older women tho ..." a 36 year old devorcee will shag better than 2, 18 year old girls any day ! " :poster_oops::pirate2:
(and they dont expect a phone call the next day or for you to play with their barbie dolls :twitch:)

I still say **DING** to the Cougars !

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
that would be sweet with practice drops at the top just like SS has!

I like the fact that Wisp has a more DH oriented feel kinda like the WT side of SS. There is a fairly good mix of "stunt" stuff (rock drops and DJ's) but would like to see more trails and more progressive stunts, kind of a way for people to work through and progress to bigger stuff!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
You got to give it to the crew up there though, they are trying to make it happen up there. I had a blast when we spent the week there.