Quantcast

With this thread I RM Wed<<<

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
1 day till I have a short holiday and FFS. There is so much to do. For some reason all the big events are due in the next 3 days - New Tax thing for flat rental, Car Parking yearly thing, Court case, Monthly deadline for big thingy at work. FFS. I want to relax before I take my trip.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nicaragua Vacation booked, trying to figure out excursions and in home chef meals!! Woot woot!!

BTW apparently there is free mtn biking at the ranch we're staying at!!! Woot woot!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
#BLACKICEMATTERS

near ROFL'd the ALFA this morning. Came over a downhill crest and the car nearly went into somebody's front yard. Saved it with a small zig and a zag and pooped my pants. Note to self; buy snow tires for the winter time.

Need to spare a few hours to build up the new roadie- have all the parts but everything hinges on the rear brake internal routing. I don't want to cut the line until I know I can route it and reattach, then everything else can go together...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Someone tried to book me for an interview at 11:15 on campus today. I said nope, gonna ski. And I am going to indeed.

Maybe with @Nick even as well as a colleague from my wind ensemble.

Update: no Nick

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ordered KYB front strut assemblies, one Timken wheel bearing, Dorman hub, two sway bar links and one ball joint for the Toyota last night.

Of course I forget to order the retaining ring for the wheel bearing, damnit. I can get a Dorman ring for $4 or a SKF/Timken one for $15......whats the deal there?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work today. Brought a new idea for revenue generation to my manager yesterday that I have been doing for a while. He was mind blown that nobody has ever done it before and wants me to write up a summary of what it is so that he can bring it to senior management with my name stamped all over it. Turns out that when you come from an internal role and know all the products the company has, you can take advantage of that in your business when working with somebody and their financial needs...

Helped MIL buy a new car yesterday. Finance guy wasn't keen on having me there as I shut down pretty much everything he wanted to sell her. Got the clear bra down to 2/3 the px for 2x as much coverage and he was really pushing the warranty hard at $2500. MIL wasn't comfortable losing warranty after 3 years on the electronics - notably the smart cruise control stuff. I pointed out that he was trying to sell a warranty for a Subaru for $500 more than I paid for the one on the Infiniti which costs way more to fix. Suddenly he had the flexibility to bring it down almost $1000 which was well within the range that I felt was reasonable for her.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Work today. Brought a new idea for revenue generation to my manager yesterday that I have been doing for a while. He was mind blown that nobody has ever done it before and wants me to write up a summary of what it is so that he can bring it to senior management with my name stamped all over it. Turns out that when you come from an internal role and know all the products the company has, you can take advantage of that in your business when working with somebody and their financial needs...
Can i design the cover sheet?

///Money

by

///Stoney

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Day 2 at ma jerb started off with reading a study about electrical safety and the effects of electrical shock on the human body. Good stuff.

Test fit my new PNW dropper post last night. Had to order up a new cable kit, cause the Race Face turdmaster that came off uses a weird cable setup. Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a RF 30.9mm x 100mm dropper post?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
When my kids were learning to use the shitter by themselves we taught them to say ‘I need tp for my bunghole’ when assistance was needed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today is Hackathon! :rofl:

That means different shit at different places. Here it means everyone from engineering sits in a big conference room with only our laptops and bang out some shit, or something. There was talk of making me attend and I thought I had avoided it until my boss came by yesterday. My cube is 150 yards down the hall on the far end of the building from everyone else. If someone stops by, it's serious.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy to be back in the office after a 2-week hiatus due to adventures in parenting...

My youngest kid (turned 7 during his misadventure) burnt his esophagus quite badly two weeks ago today. We were getting ready to take our oldest to his XC ski practice that night, and he took a big gulp from a thermos into which I'd just poured boiling water to make tea... we wound up spending a week at the hospital. The burn was all the way around the esophagus, and he needed pretty aggressive pain management (he was on a nurse-administered morphine drip for a couple of days). We got home a week ago today. He's going to need to keep the tube for another 2-4 weeks, and can't go to school with it, so my wife are taking turns wfh and going to the office every other day. It's been quite the trip, but goddam are kids ever tough, and I'm happy to be back at the office and not sitting in a hospital room anymore...

Also, I'm looking forward to ride-night tomorrow!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Happy to be back in the office after a 2-week hiatus due to adventures in parenting...

My youngest kid (turned 7 during his misadventure) burnt his esophagus quite badly two weeks ago today. We were getting ready to take our oldest to his XC ski practice that night, and he took a big gulp from a thermos into which I'd just poured boiling water to make tea... we wound up spending a week at the hospital. The burn was all the way around the esophagus, and he needed pretty aggressive pain management (he was on a nurse-administered morphine drip for a couple of days). We got home a week ago today. He's going to need to keep the tube for another 2-4 weeks, and can't go to school with it, so my wife are taking turns wfh and going to the office every other day. It's been quite the trip, but goddam are kids ever tough, and I'm happy to be back at the office and not sitting in a hospital room anymore...

glad to hear your kid is on the mend.

also, stop drinking tea.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Holy shit man. Glad to hear it's getting better.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
stop drinking tea.
:D

I don't usually... but I wanted to work while my son was at his ski practice. So I was going to sit in the (unheated) chalet with my laptop and work for a bit... I wanted something to keep me warm, and whiskey is kind of frowned upon when you're driving three kids around!

One thing I took away from all this (well two things really) is when you have young kids around, don't put a drinking cap on a thermos of hot liquids; and try and dedicate specific drinking vessels for specific purposes.

I bought the drinking spout last summer to put on a thermos for my oldest son to bring to camp. That way he could keep his water cool. (One of these:

I couldn't find the old screw-in lid, and didn't think anyone would try to drink from it, so I used the drinking spout as a stopper. Bad idea. We were getting our jackets and boots on when I set the thermos down. Didn't take more than 5 seconds for all hell to break loose.

The other thing I learned is kids will be kids, and it's almost impossible to plan for every eventuality... but fuck did I ever feel bad...