Quantcast

WMBA Fat Tire Festival THIS SUNDAY!!!!!

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Just your friendly neighborhood reminder that the 10th annual WMBA Fat Tire Festival is this Sunday (10-4, Rain or Shine) @ Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill, NY.

Almost all the shops in Westchester will be there, along with live music, demo bikes, guided rides, clinics, contests, give-aways, and just a whole bunch of people who love bikes.

I really encourage anyone who can to come up and check out the festival. It's always a great time and is fun for people who've never experienced biking before all the way up through hardned experts.

For more info check out the Westchester Mountain Bike Association's website: http://www.wmba.org

Directions Are Posted Below!

-Stef

From Points South of I-287
Take I-287 to Exit 3 (Sprain Brook Parkway NORTH), this exit is only availible from the westbound I-287 lanes. Follow north until the Sprain Brook Parkway turns into the Taconic State Parkway (2 exits), then continue north for 3 exits. Look for signs for Route 9A, the exit is right after the one for Pace University/Phelps Memorial Hospital. Stay on 9A north through 3 traffic lights. After the third light, 9A & 9 merge and become a 3-lane highway in Ossining. Stay on the highway for 4 exits. After the fourth exits look for the next exit for Peekskill / Welcher Ave. Make a right at the end of the exit ramp and follow straight into Blue Mountain Reservation.

From Points North of I-84
Take the Taconic Parkway Southbound into Westchester County. After Yorktown, look for signs for Underhill Ave. Make a right off the exit. Follow Underhill Avenue until stop sign and make a right onto Route 129. Stay on 129 over the Resivoir Bridge. After bridge make your 3rd right onto E. Mount Airy Road. Make right at first stop sign (~100 yards after making the right off 129). Follow until you reach the next stop sign. Continue straight on Mount Airy Road W. At next stop sign, make a right onto Furnace Dock Road. Make the next left (over little metal bridge) onto Washington St. Follow Washington Street into Peekskill. Right as you get out of the woods on Washington St, you'll see a gas station to your far left. Make a right at this stop sign and follow directly into Blue Mountain Reservation.

Riding from Metro-North Railroad
Take the Hudson Line to Peekskill. Once off the train, ride up Railroad Ave (road facing north) onto Hudson Ave. Make a right onto Hudson Ave and ride up to Washington St. On Washington St, make a right. Ride until you've past 13 streets. You'll now be at the intersection of Welcher Ave & Washington St. Make a left onto Welcher Ave and follow directly into Blue Mountain Reservation.