Quantcast

** Woden's Day Morning **

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Nice day out. Too bad I have some work on the house to do.

Vizsla #2 is a dumbass in the woods. She's got a ton of small cuts and scars all over her body. Got a swollen eyes the other days and some sort of rash, probably ragweed. All that in 3 weeks. We are starting a saving account for a futur broken bone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Vizsla #2 is a dumbass in the woods. She's got a ton of small cuts and scars all over her body. Got a swollen eyes the other days and some sort of rash, probably ragweed. All that in 3 weeks. We are starting a saving account for a futur broken bone.
How old? Maybe she just needs to learn the ways of zigging and not zagging.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
How old? Maybe she just needs to learn the ways of zigging and not zagging.
She's 3. She's okay when riding or running. It's just the crazy exploring when I'm digging. Or when she goes after a squirrel, she just bombs straight in without care.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning my cherubs!

Work, then perhaps helping the FIL prepare for the landscaper to come next week.

Did manage to disassemble and identify the torque motor out of the disabled tractor. Now to try and find parts for it...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

pet insurance is your friend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I forget the term, but a friends dog had its stomach flip......twice in like two weeks.

HD didnt give the dollar amount, but I'm sure he could have purchased a car instead.

They are getting insurance on their new young dog....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'll look into it. Never crossed our mind with Wilma cause she's a princess. But this one...

edit, just did a quick quote online $40/m for $2k coverage or $60/m for $4k and some extras

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Always wondered if pet insurance was worth it. Last quote I got was ~$50/mo/pet. With 3 pets that adds up fast.
I think Hank runs is $32/mo because we signed him up early.

Chicas end of life costs alone were staggering and motivated me to insure going forward, a first for me

A friend just paid $9k to have a stick removed from her 3yo dogs throat. I love my dogs but that’s a big nut to pay.

I already administer all shots but rabies and have stitched up many a wound as well. Vet costs are absurd outside of rural areas.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rode last night. Lesson learned, go when it's hot, nobody on the trails except for a few serious riders. No horses or families with bike trailers.

I've ridden the past 3 days in a row. I haven't had a streak like that in years. I'm feeling good out there and really enjoying myself. I've been using trailforks a lot to map what I do and it's been a fun way to monitor my ride speeds and the trails I take. Today is a rest day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rode last night. Lesson learned, go when it's hot, nobody on the trails except for a few serious riders. No horses or families with bike trailers.

I've ridden the past 3 days in a row. I haven't had a streak like that in years. I'm feeling good out there and really enjoying myself. I've been using trailforks a lot to map what I do and it's been a fun way to monitor my ride speeds and the trails I take. Today is a rest day.
i sweat like a mofo but i find the same to be true. my limit is usually 100°F or so, regardless of humidity. i just pace myself and carry plenty of water. i also try to ride the local trails that have creek/lake access for a quick cool off if necessary.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i sweat like a mofo but i find the same to be true. my limit is usually 100°F or so, regardless of humidity. i just pace myself and carry plenty of water. i also try to ride the local trails that have creek/lake access for a quick cool off if necessary.
Yeah 100 might be a little high for me but yesterday I left my house when it was 90 and by the time I was leaving the trails it was 84 so it was perfect. I sweat like a mofo at 75 degrees so same.... Funny I've never thought about it but there is no place where I commonly ride that I would go in the water. It's mostly swamp. :) Beautiful giant and abundant with life swamps but nothing I would stick a toe in. :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah 100 might be a little high for me but yesterday I left my house when it was 90 and by the time I was leaving the trails it was 84 so it was perfect. I sweat like a mofo at 75 degrees so same.... Funny I've never thought about it but there is no place where I commonly ride that I would go in the water. It's mostly swamp. :) Beautiful giant and abundant with life swamps but nothing I would stick a toe in. :)
i run hot, so the flipside of this is that winter riding is easy for me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what you don't like the $1000+/ month for board. $200+ per shoeing every 6 weeks. then add show fees and occasional vet bills. oh and equine insurance bill every 6 months...... Yeah it sucks
buy a house with a barn.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there fellas LMAO. New job is going well, you know, for a job. I finally got my new laptop and connection up and running yesterday. I opened my Outlook and had 151 messages lmao. :doh:I am already busy as hell.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Waiting at an outpatient place for an x-ray.
yours, or somebody else's?

it took me a few posts to realize you were talking about a dog and not a child