Quantcast

** Woden's Day Morning **

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Summit is doing early opening tomorrow for season pass holders only, so planning on riding there with a couple buddies instead of Friday when they let all the peasants in. Curious how busy it will be this whole weekend.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
He’s apparently planning on working 20 more years from his refi terms.

/me is headed out to the Japanese bakery imminently. Kids were inquiring why we hadn’t had said breads in the house for a few weeks.
Nope I retire in five years when Ruth hits 65 and can get Medicare and I hit my Max SS payments. We have enough to pay off the house and live comfortably.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So story time
I moved to a pretty wealthy suburb of boston a couple of years ago (mostly for the school district). There's a "curb alert" in this town and the things people get rid of is just insane. One of those was a brand new, never used Weber smokey mountain vertical water smoker. Today is my first day firing it up. I'm just doing a pork shoulder, but so far this thing has maintained heat more consistently and for longer than the ECB I had before....it's pretty phenomenal. So far it's swung between 217 and 290 for the last 5 hours mostly due to my own inexperience. I wouldn't be surprised if it maintains heat all the way until 6 when it's done, which is way better than 2.5 on the ECB.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So story time
I moved to a pretty wealthy suburb of boston a couple of years ago (mostly for the school district). There's a "curb alert" in this town and the things people get rid of is just insane. One of those was a brand new, never used Weber smokey mountain vertical water smoker. Today is my first day firing it up. I'm just doing a pork shoulder, but so far this thing has maintained heat more consistently and for longer than the ECB I had before....it's pretty phenomenal. So far it's swung between 217 and 290 for the last 5 hours mostly due to my own inexperience. I wouldn't be surprised if it maintains heat all the way until 6 when it's done, which is way better than 2.5 on the ECB.
The dumps on Nantucket and the Vineyard are legendary for the quality of throw aways.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So story time
#whitepeoplesgarbage

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The dumps on Nantucket and the Vineyard are legendary for the quality of throw aways.
i mean on the same trip I also got a powerwheels for the little dude...but I've seen people pitch SONOS equipment, old speakers, all kinds of high dollar crap that they can't be bothered to recoup because craigslist

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So story time

Pork shoulder and apple turkey brine is 10/10

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
i mean on the same trip I also got a powerwheels for the little dude...but I've seen people pitch SONOS equipment, old speakers, all kinds of high dollar crap that they can't be bothered to recoup because craigslist
Our town is the same way.
We picked up a brand new Thule roof box from someone who said it was too hard to load due to height of their suv :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i put out the kid's old disgusting rat cage and some moldy plywood from their old treehouse today. c'mon down!

that said, one of the chairs in the den may or may not have come from up the street a few years ago... :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
booked decompress lodging in vegas for end of vacation.....19 bucks a night....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Hot as shit here today and fire season has officially begun, two today in Ventura County. Nothing too terrible yet, one took out a few acres on one of my favorite trails that we literally just fixed after mega-rains over the winter, but I got to see their new Firehawk do it's thing for the first time which was pretty cool.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hot as shit here today and fire season has officially begun, two today in Ventura County. Nothing too terrible yet, one took out a few acres on one of my favorite trails that we literally just fixed after mega-rains over the winter, but I got to see their new Firehawk do it's thing for the first time which was pretty cool.
From my camper last Saturday in Solano County
101962465_3570068816343436_6917908326222984585_o.jpg

at twilight
103146760_3570159396334378_3082314569142982585_o.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeah and if the other horse people find out,,, what they will do to you will make it look like Rodney King attended a picnic
From my experience sharing trails with them they would just complain about it, expect someone else to do the work,and leave shit all over the place.