Quantcast

** Woden's Day Morning **

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
yeah and if the other horse people find out,,, what they will do to you will make it look like Rodney King attended a picnic
pretty sure when this happened i had driven from nashville back to virginia to see soundgarden...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
pretty sure when this happened i had driven from nashville back to virginia to see soundgarden...
I was in Oakland driving to City Rock Climbing Gym in Berkeley when the acquittal verdict for the officers came out. We were in my Taco and all of a sudden I see people in the street charging towards us and cops getting out of squad cars in riot gear. I yelled to the nearest cop "which way?" he pointed behind me. I flipped a U turn over the concrete median just as people started pounding on the sides of my truck. I floored it out of there. I do believe I would have run over anyone in that mob if they had tried to stop me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Continuing education sucks. Forgot about a bunch I had and have 16hrs to do over 3 days, on top of all the house renovations. Got 9hrs done yesterday, hoping to get 5hrs today (on Social Security - YEAH!) , and polish off the rest tomorrow. Ugh. Ready for a nap.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@mykel any word on that tornado? We were on our bikes when one of the storms rolled through tonight. The trees started to bend and crack.... :panic:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
From my camper last Saturday in Solano County
View attachment 146329

at twilight
View attachment 146330
Hit you you guys a hair earlier, 3rd one started a bit ago, but the wind died down a ton so it looks like they'll get it handled before nightfall. Going to be a rough season.

Scratch that, they just ordered a bunch of evacuations. I'm continually pleased with my decision to buy a house literally as far away from a hillside as one can get in this town.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hit you you guys a hair earlier, 3rd one started a bit ago, but the wind died down a ton so it looks like they'll get it handled before nightfall. Going to be a rough season.

Scratch that, they just ordered a bunch of evacuations. I'm continually pleased with my decision to buy a house literally as far away from a hillside as one can get in this town.
I used to live about 1/4 mile from my Fire Station up on the Ridgetop of the Santa Cruz Mountains, enclave of about 100 homes with another 200 scattered about surrounded by forest. In the bear fire it was evacuated for 2 weeks. Glad we sold 8 years ago. This was just downhill from us and I was part of the structure protection group of 30 engines
Img_2678.JPG
Img_2697.JPG
102506favrefire16.JPG

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
@mykel any word on that tornado? We were on our bikes when one of the storms rolled through tonight. The trees started to bend and crack.... :panic:
About 15 minutes away.

Got the Tornado alert, then about 5-10 minutes later, it got real dark, went green then dead calm and then a single long huge gust went through, almost calm for about a minute then the driving rain started as the wind picked back up, but to no where near that single gust.

Was a weird mix of seriously cool and highly alarming.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I was in Oakland driving to City Rock Climbing Gym in Berkeley when the acquittal verdict for the officers came out. We were in my Taco and all of a sudden I see people in the street charging towards us and cops getting out of squad cars in riot gear. I yelled to the nearest cop "which way?" he pointed behind me. I flipped a U turn over the concrete median just as people started pounding on the sides of my truck. I floored it out of there. I do believe I would have run over anyone in that mob if they had tried to stop me.
Sounds familiar.
A few days after 9/11 I was dropping my wife off at Brussels train station.
Cutting through the city I found myself smack in the middle of an anti-american rally blocking the streets in an immigrant neighborhood, in a car with an American flag on the rear window.
I jumped a curb and drove across a park to escape.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Full Trucker tried to kill me today. He failed.
Hey now, I distinctly remember it being you who said “It’s way too early to turn around at this point.”

I would never judge a man's choice in cutlery in a post-ride delicious gin-drink scenario.

The drinks were sublime.
Graçias, señor. I feel a man should never be judged for his choice of cutlery, particularly when he or she is fixing you up a drink. That lemon wasn’t gonna cut itself in half, not squeeze itself. Camper kitchen implements did just fine.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey now, I distinctly remember it being you who said “It’s way too early to turn around at this point.”

Graçias, señor. I feel a man should never be judged for his choice of cutlery, particularly when he or she is fixing you up a drink. That lemon wasn’t gonna cut itself in half, not squeeze itself. Camper kitchen implements did just fine.
They're cheap and have a blade guard. What's the issue with them?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If only @Nick or @Pesqueeb had been there as a voice of reason. You and I both have a long and storied history of questionable decision making and indiscretion.
That's me; stalwart of good judgement!

I wish. I seriously love that trail. Too much work plus my left knee is still sore as heck.
I'm sure I have no idea what you are talking about per the advice of my lawyer.
Once I figure out my food intake needs so I don't bonk catastrophically (I think Nick and @SkaredShtles were on one of those rides), we should do another high country ride. Or at least Lenawee and extra credit... :busted:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
and it'll probably require more work to keep it running in the long run.
You don't know anything about Hyundai's do you? They are more reliable long-term, have higher quality, and lower cost than all US manufacturers (by a lot). When we got Wifey's Pilot, we were actually looking at their new big SUV and potentially holding out for the Genesis version for a luxury model. They are fucking nice and their Genesis brand is awesome. If they carry over the Stinger from Kia (separate but related company) as a luxury performance model, it would be on my short list of cars.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You don't know anything about Hyundai's do you? They are more reliable long-term, have higher quality, and lower cost than all US manufacturers (by a lot). When we got Wifey's Pilot, we were actually looking at their new big SUV and potentially holding out for the Genesis version for a luxury model. They are fucking nice and their Genesis brand is awesome. If they carry over the Stinger from Kia (separate but related company) as a luxury performance model, it would be on my short list of cars.
i know one of my old roommates had one that was a total shitbox. i drove it once and it was a fucking deathtrap. the brakes barely worked and it smelled like weeb. he didn't do a good job taking care of it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i know one of my old roommates had one that was a total shitbox. i drove it once and it was a fucking deathtrap. the brakes barely worked and it smelled like weeb. he didn't do a good job taking care of it.
I can make the nicest car a piece of shit by not taking care of it. They also turned their shit around about 15yrs ago and went from a discount brand to try and compete with the Japanese manufacturers directly. Look them up in Consumer Reports, you'd be surprised.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can make the nicest car a piece of shit by not taking care of it. They also turned their shit around about 15yrs ago and went from a discount brand to try and compete with the Japanese manufacturers directly. Look them up in Consumer Reports, you'd be surprised.
oh i know, i just don't care. and cuisinarts are still crap knives.